Liked

Re: Reverse Culture Shock?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Bated breathing.
    Dont waste your breath!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Well, well, well? You? Surfcrest? Dinner? Vancouver? Yes? No? If no, why? Us, waiting. Bated breathing.

Well, keep waiting... I'm back in the poor house at the moment, and can't afford a Vancouver trip right now. Especially since my mother wants to come, hence I'm stuck paying probably $400/night for a nice AirBnb. Thankfully I'm in online software, so it doesn't take much for things to change. All it takes is one correct phone call and I'm $20k wealthier.

Well, I guess at least I know the relationship is genuine. If Leo's a gold digger, he's sure as shit digging in the wrong place.

Liked

I don't buy the whole validity story. Why would the Canadian government care when you want to renew your passport ? As long as you pay the fee, I see no reason why they would care.

In my country, they have now introduced passports that are valid for 10 years. Nice, unfortunately the number of pages remained the same. My last passport, which I used for 4.5 years had only 2.5 pages of the 30 something left. So with my travel habits (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam amongst others, I will probably need a new passport after about five years, simply because it is full, and adding pages is not possible. No doubt this will be possible, regardless of the fact that it would still have five years validity left.

You could 'loose' your passport, wash it with your laundry or put it in a microwave, certainly they will supply you with a shiny new one.

Liked

I have no idea why they care, go ask the Canadian government. Apparently, us plebs in society aren't capable of anything in Canada, so every last detail of our lives needs to be regulated to the tilt. Or if you don't believe me, go Google it.

It's not strictly law, but it is a regulation, and an immigration officer can lift it if they want. I've unfortunately been unsuccessful because of that stupid blacklist stamp, which makes me out to be some hardened criminal, hence the government doesn't exactly seem to be too willing to assist me in anything.

In other words, they're just being cunts for the simple fact that they can be.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I have no idea why they care, go ask the Canadian government. Apparently, us plebs in society aren't capable of anything in Canada, so every last detail of our lives needs to be regulated to the tilt. Or if you don't believe me, go Google it.

It's not strictly law, but it is a regulation, and an immigration officer can lift it if they want. I've unfortunately been unsuccessful because of that stupid blacklist stamp, which makes me out to be some hardened criminal, hence the government doesn't exactly seem to be too willing to assist me in anything.

In other words, they're just being cunts for the simple fact that they can be.
    Strange country, Canada, most countries I know immigration officers are not responsible for issuing passports. Usually ones goes to the nearest town hall to be issued a passport. In any case, you have wasted enough time, loose it or wash it, hardly rocket science

By the way, forgive me for not following but how is dear Leo doing ? Did he re-unite with the dogs, or did he bugger off back to Savan ?

Liked

Apparently, you can't damage these passports, I've tried. I poured a large cup of hot black coffee on the photo page, and the thing is still totally fine. So if I show up with a damaged passport, it will be pretty obvious I voluntarily damaged it, which could lead to even more problems.

Only way I'm willing to "lose" a pssport is if I find a RCMP officer who's willing to help me, "find" the lost passport, return it to the government, and quickly open and close an investigation. Not really willing to risk an open ended investigation like that.

Doesn't matter right now anyway. Money first, then try one last time to get that validity restriction lifted.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (June 1st, 2018)

Liked

Oh boy, ask Leo, the Lao do this all the time, they loose their passport, get a police report, and get a new one, surely the same can be done in Canada, there must be loads of canadians that loose their passport on a yearly basis.

Liked

Yes, about 55,000 Canadian passports are reported as lost / stolen each year. Nonetheless, considering my luck, I'm not risking it. That, and I don't know what if any notes the passport office has logged about me due to my previous two tries. There's always the chance they will say "we know you lost it intentionally", then deny me passport services for 5 or 10 years.

Right now I'm only being denied passport services until Jan 26th, 2019. Would prefer not to have that extended until 2029 or so, which they can do if they decide to be complete cunts. Much better if I just try to go the legit route, and simply get them to lift that validity restriction. Working on it.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (June 1st, 2018)

Liked

Let's just call it karma shall we ... you being Buddhist and all, as you insist.
    You lived illegally -- by your own words -- in Thailand for 7 or 8 years, got found out, got blacklisted. And now you cry like a baby that everyone within Immigration is screwing you around, and are cunts for not letting you bullshit them.
    You deserve all of this.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

No, I don't. I deserve to be blacklisted from Thailand until April 2023. That's my punishment. Not being barred from leaving Canada.

You know what happens when an illegal immigrant leaves Canada after a 5 year overstay? Absolutely nothing, except maybe a note quietly gets added to an internal immigration database for future VISA applications. That's it, and I'm uncertain if it even goes that far, as there are no exit points in Canada.