Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reverse Culture Shock?

Liked

Re: Reverse Culture Shock?

Quote Originally Posted by cndmatt
    "9.) Personal letter from myself explaining everything ... "
    You've pulled more dumb things out of a hat which you have shared with this board more than any member has done since Sawatdee was first started.
    But this idea above may well be the dumbest. I thought "suing the Canadian Government" was laughable, but this? Good god almighty, where did you think up this nonsense in the first place? Why in fucks name didn't you just stay put in Kong Khaen?

On the other hand, perhaps Manforallseasons is correct.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    You've pulled more dumb things out of a hat which you have shared with this board more than any member has done since Sawatdee was first started.
    But this idea above may well be the dumbest. I thought "suing the Canadian Government" was laughable, but this? Good god almighty, where did you think up this nonsense in the first place? Why in fucks name didn't you just stay put in Kong Khaen?

On the other hand, perhaps Manforallseasons is correct.
    I know it's retarded, but do you have any other ideas? That blacklist stamp effectively bars me from leaving Canada, so I need a new passport, and neither Leo and myself feel like twiddling our thumbs until next February until my passport has less than 12 months validity. Vancouver says they can't grant my request because they need a valid reason to cancel an existing passport, and because they can't help me skirt the law.

Ok, fine. I'll provide legal proof from Laos immigration stating there's no travel restrictions against me, and proof from Thai immigration stating the blacklist is only for overstay and not a criminal offense (the stamp only says I'm blacklisted, but doesn't say WHY). Then I'll provide multiple valid reasons -- I'm disabled and need my caretaker, I have several clients who need me in person, I need to be in Kuala Lumpur for dental durgery, etc.

Their "skirting the law" excuse is pretty weak if you ask me. I could understand that if I was showing up with a legal name change or similar, but that's not the case. Even with a new passport, I'm still not going to be able to enter Thailand until April 2023. If I try, I'll just get thrown into IDC again for a few days, then deported back to Canada. However, that stamp basically restricts my ability to travel to any country in the world, as if I try to travel on the passport, I know already it'll be nothing but problems and deportations at basically every border crossing I hit.

And we moved to Laos for multiple reasons.

1.) Leo is Laos, hence things like employment and education is easier for him in Laos.
    2.) Leo has friends and a better social life in Laos.
    3.) Leo wouldn't have to constantly do border runs every 30 days.
    4.) I could clear my overstay, and get legal immigrant status finally (had / have a 1 year business VISA lined up)
    5.) We were bored of Khon Kaen, plus the owners wanted to take possession of the house back anyway.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    .. if I report a lost / stolen passport, it first has to go through a RCMP (police) investigation..
    Do they send a guy wearing a red uniform and brown hat round to your house, on top of a horse?

Matt2.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

That blacklist stamp effectively bars me from leaving Canada, so I need a new passport.....

....... I'll provide legal proof from Laos immigration stating there's no travel restrictions against me.
    Talk about contradicting yourself ! One minute it’s “I can’t travel because basically my passport is useless ( its either valid or it’s not a replacement passport won’t change that).

Then it’s they’re keeping me here in Canada against my will - they’re not - you HAVE a valid passport.

And finally if you’re SO sure that your apparent letter from Lao immigration stating there are no travel restrictions against you is worth the paper it’s written on and is genuine then GO ! What’s keeping you for god sake !!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Why keep on feeding this troll?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

6. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 19th, 2018)

Liked

I keep trying to stay away but this keeps drawing me here. Me thinks Moses is paying the Canadian to keep the saga alive

8. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (May 19th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    " ... Why keep on feeding this troll? ... "
    MFAS ... you've proven a thousand times over that you lack even a minute semblance of any Cosmic Giggle (or even a more mundane non-philosophical sense of humour for that manner), thus, you cannot find any Ha Ha at all in Cndmatt's nutty sojourn through life as posted here ... and ain't we lucky?.
    Granted, neither has Cndmatt any 5555, but those who get a kick out of Reading-All-About-Himself certainly relish his comicical craziness.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Despite MFAS suggestion to not feed the trolls I have to add in my tuppence!

Matt: Despite your hair brained schemes.. why have you not thought of the obvious one?
    Pay some "illegal immigrants" to mug you in front of CCTV and rob your wallet and passport that you stupidly had in your back pockets
    Ten minutes and a false police report later and you have a new passport

Surely can't be any less illegal than any of the rest of your schemes!
    Its also a trick you can't pull off if you go down the third appeal route...
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

No, because then that opens a criminal investigation with the RCMP, while they try to find and charge the person who stole my passport.

And don't worry about MFAS. He's an idiot, and for some unknown reason even thinks I'm BeachLover.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Davey612 View Post
    I keep trying to stay away but this keeps drawing me here. Me thinks Moses is paying the Canadian to keep the saga alive
    The payment he is getting is that this sham is allowed to continue it is simply a matter of adding activity to his site.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"