Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Reverse Culture Shock?

Liked

Re: Reverse Culture Shock?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post

(Yep ... that's one sentence!)
    NIrish guy would be proud of you, Smiles.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Spot on ! Welcome to the dark side Smiles ! :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Spot on ! Welcome to the dark side Smiles ! :-)
    Just FYI ... I have always been on the dark side sir. Have you not noticed?

And Sawatdee,
    The perfect harbinger of darkness,
    A dank home within a home,
    In the basement,
    Behind the cauldron,
    The witch's brewing
    That dark and dreary post.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (June 12th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

During my absence from active membership (two black ribbons and now I’m back I’m looking forward to Jellybean doing his censorious best; arsenal’s already rejoined the Foes list), the posts that had me pumping my fist in the air and shouting “Yes” were all from the Forum’s entitled millennial. Fancy the Canadian government, to whom Matt has faithfully paid taxes all these years, refusing to make an exception for him, and replace a perfectly good passport with almost two years’ validity with a new one because it is more convenient to Matt. Outrageous behaviour towards a dutiful taxpayer, don’t you think?

Personally, I’ve always found a strategically-placed red wine or milky coffee spill works wonders to replace a passport with inconvenient information in it, and being legally blind would give Matt the perfect cover (my excuse is Parkinson’s, the wanker’s friend). Failing that there’s the variant of “the dog ate my homework” ie. the dog chewed my passport, or the little kid next door who thought he would colour in some of the passport information with his crayons. Matt once told us he was transitioning to being a management consultant, so you’d think he could work those strategies out for himself

Then it was prudent of Matt to back up his computer(s) to the Cloud before he left Khon Kaen, so he can continue working (and paying taxes) while he’s stranded in Vancouver, presumably on his Mum’s computer, kitted out so quickly after his arrival in Canada with the software he uses to “read” text from the screen (within hours, it seemed). After all, how else will he continue to earn his Bitcoin from those criminal gangs who form his clientele (criminals favour Bitcoin for transactions)?

But it does raise the question of where Matt’s own Bitcoin wallet is. I’m often reading stories about people who lose their Bitcoin fortune because their wallet is on a hard drive on a computer that got trashed or a USB flash drive that got lost. Mind you, Bitcoin has dropped 53% in value since the beginning of the year. But then I realised what he must have done. Where is Matt’s Bitcoin wallet? This is a competition – members can PM me with suggestions. Readers will recall a similar competition of mine twelve months or so ago about announcements in an elevator at an MRT station. Only Matt and I know the correct answer

I note that he’s whining (again) about there being no legal route for him to stay in Thailand which is why he didn’t bother to keep his visa up to date. Perhaps he forgets the number of posts he made a few months ago about how he was indeed planning to go legit through the Thailand Elite programme? A million baht and he could stay for 20 years (the Elite Superiority Extension package) as I pointed out several times in response to his posts. He could have done it any time in the past few years, but I guess that doesn’t suit his narrative of always being the victim. Here’s a tip for you Matt, absolutely free of charge – take a tab of LSD, it will completely change your outlook on life. A single tab is not addictive. No Buddhism necessary

6. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (June 15th, 2018)