Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Reverse Culture Shock?

Liked

Re: Reverse Culture Shock?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Cndmatt is his own worst enemy, he over-rates his own intelligence every time he puts finger to keyboard, or opens his mouth. He fucks up everything he touches. A walking talking disaster on wheels.
    A bit harsh but not a million miles from the truth. His present woes all seem to flow from his failure to keep up his visa when in Thailand. I'm not actually sure how that came about. Was there any reason for it apart from sheer laziness? As one late lamented poster used to say, he does seem to have an exaggerated sense of entitlement. Discrepancies in his reportings I put down to nothing more sinister than his generally chaotic personality. Those who maintain that he is sitting in a room somewhere making it all up really need to play a different tune. No one could keep up the level of detail of his life that Matt has done over a period of many years just as a fictional exercise. As for totally insensitive taunts that he isn't really blind - well, I'm glad it isn't me making them.

2. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (June 2nd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    A bit harsh but not a million miles from the truth. His present woes all seem to flow from his failure to keep up his visa when in Thailand. I'm not actually sure how that came about. Was there any reason for it apart from sheer laziness? As one late lamented poster used to say, he does seem to have an exaggerated sense of entitlement. Discrepancies in his reportings I put down to nothing more sinister than his generally chaotic personality. Those who maintain that he is sitting in a room somewhere making it all up really need to play a different tune. No one could keep up the level of detail of his life that Matt has done over a period of many years just as a fictional exercise. As for totally insensitive taunts that he isn't really blind - well, I'm glad it isn't me making them.

I didn't keep my immigration status up to date because there is no legal route for someone such as myself to stay in Thailand, and I decided that love trumps immigration law. Then when Kim and myself broke up, I had the dogs, plus was comfortable in Khon Kaen and knew my way around and the Thai language enough, so fuck it, I stayed. Then I met Leo, went blind, ended up being probably genuinely happier than I've ever been and same goes for Leo, and now I'm now sitting here in my parent's spare bedroom for some reason, and Leo is sitting in his village which he detests.

I don't know, bad day today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg

I don't know, I think I might just say fuck it, and hop on a plane. What's the worst that can happen? $3500 lost, hang out in a cell for a couple days in Laos, break Leo's heart again, put my parent's through more stress than they deserve by asking them to pick me up again, but eh.... that's about it. There's a chance I would get through again, and everything would be fine once again.

Gottqa say though, without question I made the right decision by staying in Thailand upon going blind. My entire family was very adamant that I NEED to come back to Canada, and even Leo thought I should go back, but thank fuck I stayed. How in the hell would I have possibly learned how to be blind in this environment? I probably would be like many blind people, and not even able to cook right now, and instead stick with pre-made shit you throw in the microwave or even. If I went for a walk outside in the area I'm living, the only assistance I'm going to get is from the police because someone called the cops due to the strange guy wandering lost in the area -- you know, he might be on drugs or trying to steal, or something.

if I didn't stay in Thailand, there's no chance in hell I'd be this good at being blind right now. Leo, my dogs, and the dozens of locals in my area were instrumental in helping me get back on my feet quickly upon going blind. That level of support simply doesn't exist in Canada.

Liked

Fucken ThaiVisa. I can't find the bloody WYSIWYG editor for their post topic page with my screen reader.

Alright, guess I won't ask if anyone has experience flying into Laos with a Thailand blacklist stamp.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    OK, I have not been following this, just bump into your situatiion as I read. But, if memory serves me well, there is a small Island off eastern Canada that is a depatment of France. Could you not visit it rather cheaply?
    Others have named these islands and a passport for Canadians is not a requirement but a valid ID is a requirement.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I don't know, I think I might just say fuck it, and hop on a plane. What's the worst that can happen?......... There's a chance I would get through again, and everything would be fine once again.
    So, that's it, you're going then ? Well thank FUCK for that. Be sure to let us all know once you're nicely settled with Leo again in Laos won't you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    So, that's it, you're going then ? Well thank FUCK for that. Be sure to let us all know once you're nicely settled with Leo again in Laos won't you.
    Can't wait to see what he comes up with now, I have a feeling he will make up another elaborate story to keep us all entertained.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Fucken ThaiVisa. I can't find the bloody WYSIWYG editor for their post topic page with my screen reader.

Alright, guess I won't ask if anyone has experience flying into Laos with a Thailand blacklist stamp.
    Looks like you found it?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic..._campaign=news

9. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (June 4th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnmatt on ThaiVisa
    " ... Not sure why, but basically because they're <deleted> ... "
    ThaiVisa has always been on the puritanical side when it comes to naughty language. Not like this here cesspool ...
    Can we guess what word Cndmatt used there. OK, I'll go first: I think "CUNT"

Cdnmatt is using the handle of 'BlindCanuck' on ThaiVisa. Mighty original that.
    Last edited by Smiles; June 5th, 2018 at 08:35.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

He is not only blind or so it seems:

"I received a 5 year blacklist stamp on March 25th, 2019 in Nong Khai"

In any case, for crying out loud, follow the advice you have been given, and do NOT try to board a plane to Bangkok, but I am certain the airline will not let you board with a blacklist stamp from Thailand anyway. As mentioned, Singapore, KL, or HCMC are much better options to fly into, short from flying into VTE directly, but not sure if that is an option from Canada.

Liked

Of course I'll avoid Bangkok, but was just saying I can't possibly see it being a problem. They're not going to grab me upon deplaning unless I'm wanted for criminal charges. They would prefer not to throw me into IDC, and that would only happen if I tried to pass through immigration.

Nonetheless, Nanaimo -> Vancouver -> Seoul -> Ho Chi Ming -> Vientiane looks good.