Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza nostalgia

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sunee Plaza nostalgia

I found these two old videos on Youtube, which were made in 2009, outside Goodboys.

Its enough to make you weep!

Last edited by Moses; May 17th, 2018 at 14:31. Reason: embedding video

2. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (May 18th, 2018)

Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza nostalgia

I'm weeping! What a change. I had forgotten how alive it was back then.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Another video of Sunee when it was the greatest gay place and yes the difference between then and now is unbelievable......

https://youtu.be/Au4N5zUeEoc
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Wow, Sunee, when it used to have people and open bars in it ! Feels like a LONG time ago now. And gotta feel sorry for that poor baby elephant getting dragged around the bars every night just so the owner can make some baht :-( Unless of course he's a party elephant and then I guess he loves it - but I'm guessing NOT !

Liked

But did you feel any sympathy for the elderly elephant in the white shirt who emerges from GoodBoys in video 2?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes I was thinking that myselfwhen I noticed those guys coming out of the go go bar and thought "hmmm I wonder what that guy / those guys will feel now IF !? their young son or daughter comes running into the living rooms in front of Mummy and say's " hey dad, look, there's a man that looks JUST like you used to on a video here on youtube here and wow so funny as it's dated at exactly the same time that you were away on that big business conference trip you told us all about too, so strange Dad eh !"

Thankfully I'm long past caring about such things coming out but for older guys who grew up in different times and who perhaps ended up doing the whole "wife and kids" thing as it seemed the thing to do at the time it must always still be a worry that their "other life" may well still catch up with then even now still depending on who had a camera in their hand back then. But in terms of do I feel sorry for them, well, no, not really, their choces, the elephant still gets my vote more I'm afraid as I doubt it had much of any choice in the matter otherwise it would be "corrected" with a sharpened bullhook to it's most sensitive areas ! :-(

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    I'm weeping! What a change. I had forgotten how alive it was back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Its enough to make you weep!
    Nice reminder 'gerefan' but let's face it, we may as well weep for Pattayaland soi 1-3, especially soi 1, the whole of the Day/Night area which had as many venues as Sunee does now back in the day, including a row of 6 karaoke/dance clubs, Saphan Kwai around Soi 20, the two main gay areas in Chiang Mai, Paradise Complex in Phuket, Soi 6 Silom/Surawong...and soon to be Soi Twilight, Bkk..... ALL fallen away dramatically over the last decade.

Only area to buck the trend? One Soi in Jomtien it seems!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Another video of Sunee when it was the greatest gay place and yes the difference between then and now is unbelievable......
    Your memory is playing tricks...it was NEVER the 'greatest' anything..........ever! But at times from late 90's to around 2005/6-ish, it was as you righty say 'unbelievable' but for ALL the wrong reasons......

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    But did you feel any sympathy for the elderly elephant in the white shirt who emerges from GoodBoys in video 2?

I feel a great deal of sympathy for those two older white guys in the end of the video, but maybe in a different way. My feeling is more like: Good for him/them that he/they are having a good time there. There are quite a few videos of those places on Youtube from back in time, and even though I guess those places are/were full of farangs too, you only see the young Thai guys in the videos. Seems to be the etiquette for those video-makers :-)

But nice videos. Thanks! I only began visiting Thailand much later. Sunee is indeed different today. It seems a bit like the negative effect of internet trade. The internet trade drains the Main Street of manys towns for life and commercial activities. Since people now connect online, same things happens with this kind of social life and commercial activities, maybe?

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (May 18th, 2018), ggobob (May 20th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan
    Your memory is playing tricks...it was NEVER the 'greatest' anything..........ever! But at times from late 90's to around 2005/6-ish, it was as you righty say 'unbelievable' but for ALL the wrong reasons......
    My memory is quite vivid and after living here now and through the peak of Sunee I have long since stopped making moral judgements......yes it has died like so many other gay places in L.O.S. but it remains if in memory only a fantastic place.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (May 18th, 2018), nordicguy (May 18th, 2018)

Liked

Thanks to those posters who put up the video clips.

Yes, the Good Boys soi is a hell of a contrast, then and now.

Very sad.

Mobile phones and apps are one of the main bar killers, I suspect
    ..........and that's the way it is.