Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza nostalgia

Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza nostalgia

The last thing I'd want to do is antagonise someone in Thailand wearing a uniform.

I'd rather make life easy for myself.

Liked

Amazing lack of awareness from AsDaRa, not to mention extremely bad advice:

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    ....I always say this when I get that question at the airport: I go for the cheap sex....Find that hard to believe, but OK

.... sex tourism isn't illegal...Depending on your home country's attitude to homosexual activity, depending on what you do, and depending on your home country's Age of Consent, Yes, it can be....

Paying for sex isn't illegal. Maybe technically in Thailand it is... Yes it is .

So next time an officer at the airport tells you why you go to Thailand you just tell the truth: to fuck legal age boys. .And be prepared to have every inch of your luggage searched and any phones, computers, cameras forensically examined
    It seems AsDaRa likes to pick and choose which laws he thinks apply to him. Hopefully he'll never be in the position of finding out that the authorities may have a different interpretation

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (May 20th, 2018), christianpfc (May 21st, 2018), francois (May 20th, 2018), paborn (May 20th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    The last thing I'd want to do is antagonise someone in Thailand wearing a uniform.

I'd rather make life easy for myself.
    I agree. I was referring to Amsterdam airport.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Amazing lack of awareness from AsDaRa, not to mention extremely bad advice:

It seems AsDaRa likes to pick and choose which laws he thinks apply to him. Hopefully he'll never be in the position of finding out that the authorities may have a different interpretation
    Of course it depends on the jurisdiction. If you live in Iran and tell there at the airport you go for gay sex that is a bad idea. OF COURSE, THAT IS OBVIOUS.

But in my situation in the Netherlands, where gay sex is legal, where sex tourism is legal, were paying for sex is legal, what is the issue?

Liked

The issue is that whatever country you come from it's not acceptable to tell boldly tell police, immigration, or customs officers that you go to Thailand to fuck legal age boys (especially using the word boys) - unless you're prepared for the added attention and scrutiny which will inevitably result.

If you are saying that you routinely make this statement and that there are no repercussions then (as I said) I find that very hard to believe but I won't call you a liar.

At the very least I'd expect your passport to be "flagged" - which you won't of course know about

Liked

Just to add I have direct experience of being "stopped" on arrival back home.

I had passed passport control and was stopped by two police officers who wanted to know all manner of personal details, why I'd been where I'd been, who I knew in Thailand, where I'd stayed, what areas did I visit, how often did I go there (one of them may have been MiniMee in disguise).

I responded that I'd been to Thailand "many times", it was a very beautiful country, the locals are very friendly and that I knew "many people" - to which they replied "We know" (which was pretty scarey but I'm certain it was bluff on their part).

They noted down everything I said, which disconcerted me.

Now (as some may have guessed), I'm a fairly belligerent character and I also can't stand the attitude of Police (in this country at least they are merely civilians in uniform and legally, policing is by consent) - so I demanded to know why they had stopped me. "Routine enquiries" I was told. I then demanded to know what would happen to the information they had noted down as they had indicated no suspicion that I had committed any crime, so why should my details and statement be retained by them. My question was ignored and I was flipped off.

I then proceeded (fuming of course) through the "Nothing To Declare" channel and - you've guessed it - I was stopped and every inch of my baggage searched. By this time I was incandescent and I said to the Customs Officer "You're only doing this because I answered back to the Cops aren't you?" and he was quite open in agreeing and added that they had radioed through to Customs to stop me. Of course nothing was found and after 30 minutes I was free to go.

So, I would strongly suggest that you do nothing to antagonise the bastards as you won't win!

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 21st, 2018)

Liked

The issue is that whatever country you come from it's not acceptable to tell boldly tell police, immigration, or customs officers that you go to Thailand to fuck legal age boys (especially using the word boys) - unless you're prepared for the added attention and scrutiny which will inevitably result.

If you are saying that you routinely make this statement and that there are no repercussions then (as I said) I find that very hard to believe but I won't call you a liar.

At the very least I'd expect your passport to be "flagged" - which you won't of course know about

You only say this when asked. So this means you are more or less forced to lie then to them? They ask what you go do, you tell the truth (a truth which is 100% legal!!) and the advice is, better lie? Then why do they ask the question if they know they will never get in such a case an honest answer? Why then ask it?
    So all these sex tourists will answer: "to see beautiful temples, for the food".

Strange rituals, these airport rituals.

Officer asks question to a likely sex tourist (his 5th visit this year) and he knows the answer will be a lie, and tells him after the answer that he can proceed. What a strange strange ritual. However if he had answered: "to fuck 25 year old guys" he would have been searched. Strange strange. Why then ask????

Liked

So, I would strongly suggest that you do nothing to antagonise the bastards as you won't win!
    I agree. Better lie to save you form this prejeduced hassle from these officers. I would be the same as you are, I would also get angry/aggressive. I would also demand to know why etc.
    I would also ask "If I had been a woman going many times to Thailand, would you have stopped me then too. Do you know that I see many women in gay bars there, paying for sex. Why you stop only men? Can I know your name, to file a discrimination complain against you, you stop me because of my sex". I would feel very tempted to do this when stopped.

Liked

It's all just a game.

Better to just hold your tongue and play along if you can.

I've done that most of my life and saved myself a lot of stress.

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

AsDaRa (May 20th, 2018), christianpfc (May 21st, 2018), paborn (May 20th, 2018)

Liked

So do you think education and enforcement sort of drove the younger guys (like 16-18) away from the business? Or is it just more underground now?