Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
Which would seem more of a benefit than a hindrance frankly
Over 30 potential members didn't complete registration since they can't receive link for email confirmation to their mailboxes only for past 2 months, 5-7 members forgave passwords monthly, and these from GMX can't use reminder from forum or request new password - they don't receive emails. Do you still think it is "benefit"?

Any member who is bored with notification from forum can easy switch it off in account setting. There are a lot of functions to setup: what kind of notifications you want and don't want to receive and how often - even "once per month" exists.

I wrote warning only because there is only way to restrict registration from some mail-provider - to ban emails within that provider. And if I will do it - robots will auto-extend this ban to existing users. We have about 20 members who is registered here with GMX. And I don't want to lose them, but at the same time I can't write to them - my emails will be declined by GMX. That why I wrote warning here and moderators also wrote PM to them.

I hope somehow they will read that thread or their PMs at the next visit.