Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yupins is celebrating its fifth anniversary

Liked

Re: Yupins is celebrating its fifth anniversary

from yupins newsletter

Here is some good news, YUPINS restaurant has again won the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, this year 2018, making now four years in a row!
    It is of course thanks to you and our staff for the work that has been put into this result!
    I am very happy and grateful to you for your support over the last years.
    Whooooo!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Of course the fine dining expertise of arsenal,smiles and pennyboy has to be accepted, but Yupins located in the heart of gay Jomtien Plaza, is no mean achievement.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

I seem to recall Lonely moaned like a constipated l camel when I posted a restaurant review in the Gay Thailand forum some time ago. And yet...

Liked

arsenal you forgot the main point, Yupins does not know who I am and I have never mentioned it to him or staff.
    no kick backs or discounts.
    there is a huge difference between your posting and mine..

Liked

Good. Please stay out of my lucrative restaurant review enterprise. Thank you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    from yupins newsletter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Of course the fine dining expertise of arsenal,smiles and pennyboy has to be accepted, but Yupins located in the heart of gay Jomtien Plaza, is no mean achievement.
    I can't recall what I have done to be given such a fine accolade by our esteemed restaurant (Yupins) critic.

Liked

Yupins food is perfectly OK - if, I think, somewhat overpriced. It does good business primarily because of its convenient location. My main objection is to the owner who insists on spreading his forced bonhomie all over the place. I thought that sort of thing had mercifully left us when Amor closed down and the overbearing Richard Burke was no longer on the scene. Some restaurateurs seem to have an inner performer that just must have a stage whether its audience actually wants it or not.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

7. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (May 25th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    Yupins food is perfectly OK - if, I think, somewhat overpriced. It does good business primarily because of its convenient location. My main objection is to the owner who insists on spreading his forced bonhomie all over the place. I thought that sort of thing had mercifully left us when Amor closed down and the overbearing Richard Burke was no longer on the scene. Some restaurateurs seem to have an inner performer that just must have a stage whether its audience actually wants it or not.
    With Richard Burke and Mr Yupins it is very easy to say, I am fine, thank you and thats it. Several friends at both restaurants took part in a conversation, and then complain when he leaves. I dont , just say all is fine and but dont take conversation further.

9. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 25th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    With Richard Burke and Mr Yupins it is very easy to say, I am fine, thank you and thats it...
    Good luck having that conversation with Richard Burke - presumably either a Ouija Board or a medium will be involved as the last I heard he was dead

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Good luck having that conversation with Richard Burke - presumably either a Ouija Board or a medium will be involved as the last I heard he was dead
    Congratulations to pointing out that Richard has passed away. It has kept me awake at night wondering if somebody would make an issue of it. I thought it would probably be you.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (May 26th, 2018), scottish-guy (May 25th, 2018)

Liked

Well said Lonely. As Scottish Guy is hiding from me behind his tweed curtains, it falls to every decent member here to reign in his unpleasant excesses.

Scottish Guy wrote.
    "the last I heard he was dead. "
    He's writing that complete with a laughing emoji about a real person.