Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yupins is celebrating its fifth anniversary

Liked

Yupins is celebrating its fifth anniversary

I will not go over the silly season of those who critised Yupins cooking, including that poster who went 10 years ago. I missed visiting this last trip but like to keep up with all his comments.

Well today is a big day for Yupins because we are five years old and we have just completed a major upgrade.
    So Happy Birthday to Yupins Restaurant, and the upgrade, finally, is the enclosing of the Terrace with a glass wall and sliding doors, and installing Air Conditioning!!
    Previously the handicap we suffered Was that only half the seats were Air Con and the noise from the bars having a party around us did deter customers from sitting in the Terrace area.
    So, now we have changed all that and we have all 50 seats in Air Conditioning and the huge noise from the speaker stacks will be, I hope, suitably diminished and not deter customers outside
    Also of course the dishes that come from the Kitchen must be always the same and faultless, and this does seem mostly to be the case thank goodness!

Our new dishes are doing very well, the steaks are good, and we now have a good range of steak styles, Filet Mignon being the best seller, then Australian grass fed striploin, then Australian grass fed Ribeye, very well marbled, then a good local fillet of beef. All are doing well,
    not to forget
    The Old English Rib of Beef, carved at table is a great seller, although it is a large piece of meat, very very soft and delicious with a degree of fat, but good for two hungry persons or three, along with lots of fresh veg and a choice of potatoes. This is highly recommended. Not expensive for 3 persons too, at 1,495 baht. It is served with a pepper sauce and garlic butter and English mustard if you want it.
    the above from his email letter

The monthly report is full of photos and is avail from

038 250 394 after 3pm
    closed wednesdays

Cell Phone:
    087 062 9672

yupin@yupins.com

WWW.YUPINS.COM

www.facebook.com/yupinsrestaurant

Last edited by Moses; May 12th, 2018 at 12:28. Reason: clearing HTML mess
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Yupins is celebrating its fifth anniversary

OK OK Lonely ... as you choose to denigrate -- in advance and in your first sentence! -- any person who should have the temerity to write a few words of a negative nature regarding Lupins, I shall, by the looks of it the only one, do just that.

I have been, over the years, to Lupins four times. Each time the experience was across the board mediocre and forgettable at best. One dessert was, if I recall, quite good. (If you are wondering why would I go again ... I went with friends, one of whom is a Lupins fan, and good for him).
    The best thing about Lupins is it's location in the middle of Jomtien complex.
    Last edited by Smiles; May 13th, 2018 at 00:46.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    ...The Old English rib of beef.....
    Im puzzled - since when was English beef an international delicacy?

Never, as far as I'm aware. Scotch beef yes, Brazilian, Argentinian, maybe even Australian too - but English?

They'll be serving up jellied eels and pie & mash next

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Im puzzled - since when was English beef an international delicacy?

Never, as far as I'm aware. Scotch beef yes, Brazilian, Argentinian, maybe even Australian too - but English?

They'll be serving up jellied eels and pie & mash next

Let's see: The Beef Eaters, The roast beef of old England, even beef eaters gin - Lord, even an American like me from the cultural badlands of South Florida knows roast beef is synonymous with England.

Banned
    Liked

The term ‘English Rib of Beef’ refers to the cut (style of butchery) rather than the origin of the meat.

It’s probably Australian too.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (May 13th, 2018), scottish-guy (May 13th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    I will not go over the silly season of those who critised Yupins cooking, including that poster who went 10 years ago.
    Do you think they would consider doing meatloaf nights?

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 24th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Let's see: The Beef Eaters, The roast beef of old England, even beef eaters gin - Lord, even an American like me from the cultural badlands of South Florida knows roast beef is synonymous with England.
    You've missed the point spectacularly.

Eating fried maggots might be "synonymous" with Thailand but it doesn't make the Thai maggots an internationally renowned product.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    The term ‘English Rib of Beef’ refers to the cut (style of butchery) rather than the origin of the meat.

It’s probably Australian too.
    Fair point MiniMee

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

And even Le Rosbif!

"Rosbifs became a mark of the Englishman as far as the French were concerned in the 18th Century, simply because it was a very popular way of cooking," he says.

"That style began to apply to other meats cooked in the same way, so you would also have 'rosbif de mouton' and that sort of thing."

Thus an English term becomes part of the French vocabulary, like "le weekend", part of a spread of the English language which infuriates many French. Rosbif as a name for roast beef, however, carried on spreading and is now also used in Spain and Italy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/2913151.stm

12. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (May 14th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post

I have been, over the years, to Lupins four times. Each time the experience was across the board mediocre and forgettable at best.
    Guess you have not tried their meatloaf?

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

mr giggles (May 27th, 2018), paborn (May 14th, 2018)