Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bangkok's pricey Go-Go bars?

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    Me too. It's probably been two years since I've offed anyone.
    I think a lot of people are offing less.
    Most sex workers also have cell phones and can make offline deals.
    This all might be part of the cycle, charge more over less volume.

Liked
    For Bucknaway ... the drink prices in Patong GoGo bars have always been less expensive than Bangkok.
    Last time I was in a GoGo Bar in Bangkok, and then a week later in Patong, it was was standard 200 Baht former, 100 baht latter.

We're not much into GoGos anyway so this was 2 years ago. Now it seems the prices in the more popular Bangkok bars are around 250 baht, so perhaps Patong has gone up as well (to 150 Baht?).

Maybe jinks, who was in Patong recently can let us know.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

I was in Patong Phuket in July 2005. According to my little expenses notebook, I paid 100 baht for a drink in almost all the go-go bars. The off fee however was 500 baht! I had the sneaky suspicion even then that that was a unusually high fee quoted only to me because they hadn't seen my face before.

Perhaps they rise the fees because of high season?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    Never heard of an off fee of 500 Baht in Patong. Usually 200 Baht.

Ask before you enter.

Some mamasans, & other bar employees, try to work a con.
    I went to a Patpong bar one night, the waiter told me a beer was 100 & the off was 200. I (Rather timid.) man came in & sat at the table next to me. The mamasan told him 200 & 400--And that the tip for a 'host,' 2,000, was collected up-front.

I was in a bar in Patpongish which was just about to close and the mamasan declared: "No off - take what you want" - now I thought where is the profit in that. And even as I had the thought, since I was the only person present other than the boys, I was very nearly killed in the rush.

In Patong,

Bingobar, no off .

Other bars take off : 200 bath, take off a mamasan, waiter, doorman or danser : 500 bath.

Note : I had sms from Patong today writing, it is to quit for high season .

High season does seem a bit low here in BKK, just from what I see. Makes it easy to walk down Silom at night, but maybe not so good for the businesses.

I've only been to one or two gogo's lately, and the prices are up- but the shows seem to be getting a bit better and more blatant, too.

Thanks for the Best Laugh of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by sirmrtravels
    ...the mamasan declared: "No off - take what you want" - now I thought where is the profit in that. And even as I had the thought, since I was the only person present other than the boys, I was very nearly killed in the rush.
    How? Did you trip over a chair? How many freebees did you take?