Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jomtien vs Boystown

Liked

Jomtien vs Boystown

This may seem obvious to some; however, I have never made it over to either Jomtien or Sunee. From what I've been reading Sunee does not seem to be my cup of tea. But, I've read remarks about the other two areas that would indicate devotees for both. I know Boystown very well, so how does it differ from the bars of Jomtien?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Jomtien vs Boystown

I was only in Pattaya for two nights but if I remember correctly, Boyztown was more of show-bars and Jomtien just had regular, semi-open air bars with 'boys' available. Most of the 'boys' in Jomtien are Cambodian I think.

3. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (May 12th, 2018)

Liked

Jomtien Complex and Sunee aren't "zoo for straight tourists" - it is main difference. And, yes, JC hasn't go-go bars.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

5. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (May 12th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Jomtien Complex and Sunee aren't "zoo for straight tourists" - it is main difference. And, yes, JC hasn't go-go bars.
    Moses, Do you mean that the bars in Jomtien complex do not have the busloads of chinese coming to gawk at our lives? Alos, I gather from your remark and others that Jomtien has the "host bar " style - but the guys are , evertheless, offable?

Liked

Paborn, you are right. Since you are familiar with Boystown, think of Jomtien as one long row of small Panorama bars, with the main night show venue at the end of that street. Each bar has its own set of host guys, whom are offable. Guys at some of the bars are more aggressive at getting your attention. Others will just leave you alone. Khmer guys seem to have better command of English than Thais. No Chinese busloads because there is nothing to see unless they want to pay admission to the venue. I am sure they may feel uncomfortable walking the long street, with everyone staring at them. Besides, they have to come to Jomtien at night, which is usually not where their package hotels are located

8. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (May 12th, 2018)

Liked

It's a gauntlet and many boys will try to 'drag' you into their bar and loads will say 'heelllooooooooooo'. It's great fun. Parties are often to be found there in the small hours. Great place for a late night off too.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dalewood (May 12th, 2018), paborn (May 12th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    Moses, Do you mean that the bars in Jomtien complex do not have the busloads of chinese coming to gawk at our lives? Alos, I gather from your remark and others that Jomtien has the "host bar " style - but the guys are , evertheless, offable?
    exactly that...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

I think the Jomtien Complex area is a good option if you are planning more than just a short visit. There is a great choice of bars and some good, affordable massage shops as well. You also have Dongtan Beach nearby. Accommodation in the area is good value. My summer rental, in the condo below, comes in at 22 euros per night for a 1 bed apartment, for example.
    The atmosphere is a bit more laid back than in the other areas and its very easy to meet people, both boys and fellow travelers, in the bars.
    It's also quite handy to get to the other gay areas, Sunee and Boyztown, by Baht Bus or taxi, for a night out.
    (photo from the Cocka2 Bar Facebook page)

Last edited by Kenny; May 12th, 2018 at 15:45.

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Moses (May 12th, 2018), paborn (May 12th, 2018), Tintin (May 12th, 2018)

Liked

paborn, all three areas, Jomtien Complex, Boyztown and Sunee Plaza are worth while to visit. By not going to them, and relying on "what you read" is doing a disservice to yourself.

15. 5 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (May 13th, 2018), christianpfc (May 12th, 2018), paborn (May 12th, 2018), prickles (September 2nd, 2018), Tintin (May 12th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I think the Jomtien Complex area is a good option if you are planning more than just a short visit. There is a great choice of bars and some good, affordable massage shops as well. You also have Dongtan Beach nearby. Accommodation in the area is good value. My summer rental, in the condo below, comes in at 22 euros per night for a 1 bed apartment, for example.
    The atmosphere is a bit more laid back than in the other areas and its very easy to meet people, both boys and fellow travelers, in the bars.
    It's also quite handy to get to the other gay areas, Sunee and Boyztown, by Baht Bus or taxi, for a night out.
    (photo from the Cocka2 Bar Facebook page)

Very helpful, but somehow I'm missing the name of the Condo.