List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for friends in Pattaya/Jomtien.

Liked

Re: Looking for friends in Pattaya/Jomtien.

Tried to send a PM to the OP but wasn't delivered. Maybe because new members can not receive PM's immediately ?
    If the OP reads this: Just try to send me a PM and include a contact option. There are still some half-decent people around who are not scared to socialize....

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 12th, 2018), christianpfc (May 12th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by destiny View Post
    Tried to send a PM to the OP but wasn't delivered. Maybe because new members can not receive PM's immediately ?
    Correct. Junior members haven't PM function - protection against spat to PM from newcomers.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Correct. Junior members haven't PM function - protection against spat to PM from newcomers.
    That is a pity. I acknowledge the forum must be safe from spam created by BOTS, but it would be helpful that a new member can at least RECEIVE a PM.
    BTW, while I have signed up here in 2013, I noticed I am myself still categorized as a JUNIOR member (even though it kinda made my day to be considered a JUNIOR). How come ? Have sent several PM's over the years even I am obviously still a Junior member

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Maybe because you've only made 23 posts? Some here have made thousands.

Having said that, it has to be said that in some cases, its not the posts they put in, it is what they put into the posts.

Liked

destiny, I agree with gerefan2, you should increase the number of posts you make to change your current user title from, ‘Junior Member’ to ‘Senior Member’. Alternatively, you can custom your user title. To do this, go to:

settings - Edit Profile - Custom User Title - Save Changes

Check out the current user title of, Smiles, to see what sort of title another member has decided to use.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    No need to make a big thing about it Davo. Go and sit in a bar in Jomtien and start chatting to the guy next to you. Just say "I love it here" and you'll soon find out if you like the cut of his jib.
    Really?

The younger guys (under 60), generally don't make a habit these days of sitting around bars. The dipsomaniacs tend to be older- I think the days of inebriates sitting around sozzled and smoking like a chimney (and whinging about how everything is better at home)- have long passed by. Sorry if that offends.. call me old fashionable

Arrange to meet with some members here, do a bit of networking and see you go, good luck!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mr giggles View Post
    Really?

The younger guys (under 60), generally don't make a habit these days of sitting around bars. The dipsomaniacs tend to be older- I think the days of inebriates sitting around sozzled and smoking like a chimney (and whinging about how everything is better at home)- have long passed by. Sorry if that offends.. call me old fashionable

Arrange to meet with some members here, do a bit of networking and see you go, good luck!
    Really?? I took Arsenal's note to be quite sensible. He did not indicate meeting any drunken punters or finding gin soaked reprobates. All he said , basically, was next time your in a bar ( - OMG even non drinkers go and drink club soda - unless your part of a giggling group of Chinese - we are all there for the same thing. ) He suggests you turn to the person next to you and say "hi" when did good manners become an outreach to alcoholics anaymous?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    ..I took Arsenal's note to be quite sensible...
    That's where you went wrong right there.

Liked

I'm pretty confused by arsenal's comment too... Ok, let me get this straight.

So in the world of arsenal, dropping a message on a forum looking for friends just to hang out with, maybe go for dinner and drinks with, movie theater, hang out at each other's places sometimes, or whatever -- that's just wierd, and makes you a social midget and a weirdo.

However, travelling half way across the world and immediately hopping on the internet to find hookers willing to suck your dick is completely normal and socially acceptable.?

Ok, got it. Will have to make a note of this rule, as not sure if I will remember it.

heh...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I'm pretty confused by arsenal's comment too... Ok, let me get this straight.

So in the world of arsenal, dropping a message on a forum looking for friends just to hang out with, maybe go for dinner and drinks with, movie theater, hang out at each other's places sometimes, or whatever -- that's just wierd, and makes you a social midget and a weirdo.

However, travelling half way across the world and immediately hopping on the internet to find hookers willing to suck your dick is completely normal and socially acceptable.?

Ok, got it. Will have to make a note of this rule, as not sure if I will remember it.

heh...
    Well, again I took it very differently. I considered asking that a thread be set up a post were we could note the times of our plans to be in Pattaya or Bangkok - just for those who might want to. But, I never suggested it because I reflected on personal security, trolls in this space and general concerns over internet safety. What Arsenal, i don't mean to speak for him - I think was suggesting is when you're in a bar, turn to the person next to you and say "hello" You can evaluate the person and your commonalities in general conversation. Why this is strange to some is, frankly, beyond me. It hardly seems a radical solution.
    By the way, you conflated two things. Aresenal never mentioned a dating app - he simply suggested personal interaction.