List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for friends in Pattaya/Jomtien.

Liked

Looking for friends in Pattaya/Jomtien.

Hi,

Now living in Pattaya/Jomtien & looking to make new friends.

50yo, fit & friendly. Aussie expat.

If anyone wants to meet casually for a drink/coffee, etc let me know.

Thanks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Looking for friends in Pattaya/Jomtien.

Welcome to the forum, Davo. I hope you will enjoy your stay here and post your impressions of Pattaya and aspects of Thailand that interest you.

As for making friends in Pattaya, I suggest that you also check out and introduce yourself on the gaybuttonthai forum. That forum is a bit more Pattaya centric than this one and you can get a lot of general information about living in Thailand and Pattaya. Gaybutton, the host, has lived in Pattaya a long time and is always happy to introduce newcomers to other Pattaya residents. I think there's a group that meets regularly but unfortunately, there's no more meatloaf (sorry, couldn't resist! ).

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/

All the best!

Liked

No need to make a big thing about it Davo. Go and sit in a bat in Jomtien and start chatting to the guy next to you. Just say "I love it here" and you'll soon find out if you like the cut of his jib.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Guess which response is from an ex moderator!

Davo, welcome to this forum. The advice to visit the Gaybutton forum is good, but it may also be that someone here, who is in Pattaya, will take you up on a meet.

Liked

On behalf of the administration team, I also offer you a warm welcome to Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum, Davo.

Many of our members live in and travel to Pattaya. Some show their location, just as you have done, others do not. If you wish to contact any of our members privately, simply log on and you will see a heading on the black banner entitled Private Messages, or another way to access the private message (PM for short) feature is through the Notifications button on the top right-hand corner.

Some members are more amenable to meeting than others, so don’t take it personally if some members choose not to meet you, simply respect their right to privacy. I have met quite a few members after they contacted me by PM and, so far, all have been very agreeable.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy posting on the various forums.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (May 12th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    You should probably try and move on Brad, no need to be like this every time you post. Most normal people don't need a forum full of weirdos,to meet people.
    Your posts say more about you than the OP who quite simply is saying hi and that he’s happy and open to make friends. Quite refreshing actually rather than people referring to others who inhabit the same board that they post on as weirdos perhaps.

Welcome Davo, hope you enjoy posting here and find a few like minded people to say hi to and be friendly with - nothing weird about that at ALL.

8. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 11th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I didn't criticise the OP NIrish. I merely pointed out how most normal people make friends.
    Are you speaking of a different era perhaps? Because making friends online seem totally normal to me. You may like a person's pic (if there's one), the way he writes or find that you have common interests and views and may want to take it to the next step. Some people are naturally shy with people face-to-face and an online meeting helps to break the ice without all the awkwardness prior to meeting in person. Plus you can suss a person out through chat/email/PMs before even agreeing to meet - that's how I was saved from fountainhole.

Liked

I really just meant that it's quite easy to spark up a conversation with people in Jomtien or Sunee. No need for NIrish to take his usual tone. And yes, I have no problem with any editing of this thread.

Liked

Part of this topic has been split and moved to the Holding Room
    under the title, Welcoming Members

A447

12. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 12th, 2018)

Liked

You find yourself sitting in a bar in Sunee or Jomtien. The guy next to you starts talking to you. Do you...

A) Have a nice conversation with him.
    B) Tell him to fuck off.

Option B is there only for MFAS. No one else needs it.