Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Suitable hotel in phuket ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Suitable hotel in phuket ?

I posted the below in the forum thread re a conversation I was having there with Moses and just realised I probably should have posted it up here too to enable more people to read it - so any tips gratefully received.

"My friend had asked for a quick update on where he should stay / where was a good hotel in Phuket close to the Paradise gay area etc, so I was trying to search for that but couldn't......turns out it all worked out for the best as I just decided to go with him instead to show him !

Actually I STILL haven't found any suitable hotel around there and my local knowledge there is a bit out of date so if anyone has any suggestions. please feel free to post same. I'd quite happily stay bang in the centre of the paradise area in just a so so cheap place ( we're only staying for 2 nights !), but my friend is more of a Accor hotel quality type man and so is asking me do I know ARE there any Accor hotels close by ( or hotels of a similar corporate standard I guess ) but close to the gay area as we both want to avoid the taxi mafia ( and I want to be close to the action for carry outs ) - so, anyone any suggestions perhaps ??

Liked

Re: Suitable hotel in phuket ?

Last time (2016) we stayed at Aquarius right in the Paradise Centre for 2 nights (which is about right for Phuket these days)

We took a suite with a jacuzzi etc - the bathroom was as big as the bedroom.

It's obviously not a big hotel - but the suite was well appointed, everything worked, there's food and a bar, the staff were very helpful and playful in arranging taxis (not Phuket taxi mafia) at reasonable costs wherever we wanted to go. And of course the Paradise Centre bars and just a short stagger away.

Just under £50 a night for the room. Highly recommended. No lift though (not an issue for us but might be for some)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

OHHHH ! thats interesting as in trying to give my friend a pin hole in the map to locate the gay area I randomly told him to use Aquarius as that point ! However I only found that myself from a quick google of Gay and Phucket and it through that up as a sauna ? And I vaguely remembered it from previous visited - BUT the pics on line were horrendous and I assumed it was one of those run down hotels / B&B / room only knocking shop type places dotted inside the paradise complex ( where I've stayed before quite happily=, but my mate would have a fit) - so is it NOT ? And you feel it's of a reasonable 3 star type standard and clean etc ?

Edit - I've just googled it and whilst I agree it's fine for what it is and where it is ( ie the only sauna ie the biggest knocking shop in Phuket) it would suit my needs just fine, I've googled my mate but I'm guessing he's googling Accor.com and hilton group.com as I type horrified at the pics I sent

So, I'm saying for my it's fine, but anyone any other suggestions as well just in case I get the OMG are you KIDDING message back that I'm expecting - See, THIS is why I so enjoy travelling alone - other people say "is it not weird" - HELL NO, suit myself, stay where I want, eat, sleep and shag when I want and as often as I want without judgment - what's weird about that I ask you ! Fucking about giving a shit about whether someone has their hotel supplied dressing gown and slippers and late checkout with free arrival drink - now to me THAT is fucking weird and a shocking waste of ones life !

Liked

I can only speak for the room we had but yes I'd say 3 star standard. Maybe the standard rooms aren't so good can't comment but hell at £50 a night you'd be taking a Jacuzzi suite wouldn't you LOL.

The bar/food area is just a walk-in cafe area, but for breakfast and mid-day meal it was all we needed.

There's a Grand Mercure and at least one Marriott - not sure how far from the gay scene though. Last thing I'd want is to be hostage to those bloody taxi guys - and I suspect the prices will be very high

http://www.grandmercurephuketpatong.com/

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...-merlin-beach/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

yes totally agree with you - and no, no jazuzzi, all I need is a bed, a shower ( no hot water needed) and a fan ( he he no Christian dont be clicking like JUST yet, I'm just fucking with you) I ABSOLUTELY would take the Jazucci ( and never use it ).

Actually in answer to my own question and after a quick booking .com search I found the place below Called the Sea Cono Boutique hotel, which seems quite nice and is ( I think) close enough to gay town and also very cheap it seems too - so my friend has now been given these two options and after that he can paddle his own canoe through the jungle or whatever it is you're meant to do with canoes ! ?

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/sea...17;type=total&

Liked

C & N Hotel. Next to the complex. Basic hotel. Has nice "normal" massage shop downstairs

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks Davy. that's go onto the list for his lordship. As you say looks fine to me for what it is too.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Davey612 (May 11th, 2018)

Liked

I'll second the C & N too. its my usual place of residence when I go to Patong, their "studio" rooms are most comfortable and have funky blue lit corridors

NewAlaan also stayed there on his most recent trip
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

10. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (May 11th, 2018)