List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Moses - a question / suggestion ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

FAO Moses - a question / suggestion ?

Moses - a non member asked me to search the board for them for something re Phuket and so I did but got up a ton of stuff from 2007 etc before the 2018 posts etc which when I mentioned that to my mate he said "But surely as it's a data driven board" either you or the owner can select to have posts shown in numerical date order ( so that all posts run from 2018 backwards so that we're reading the most up to date posts first etc) - which once he said it did seem to make sense ( certainly for me searching for the latest details on bars he was asking for) - so, he is right is that something that can be done - either by you or us posters perhaps with us filtering maybe ? And is it something you'd think of consider ??

Just a question / suggestion - not a criticism ( before you bite me head off again !!

Liked

Re: FAO Moses - a question / suggestion ?

Could you please tell me how exactly you did your search? Did you search via button at blue menu or you did search via field at top-left corner?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Our search engine is quite advanced here. You can search whole post, give time-frame, sort result by relevance, date, and so on...

Also here exists tagging system (not that modern, but still good), there you can do additional search by tag "Phuket"

sear-1.gif
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

The search function seems to have changed.

Before, you could search for a word and it would take you to the exact post within the thread. Now, it only takes you to the thread and you have to go through all the posts until you see the word highlighted in yellow.

Or am I not doing it right?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post

Or am I not doing it right?
    searc-1.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Could you please tell me how exactly you did your search? Did you search via button at blue menu or you did search via field at top-left corner?
    I literally just pressed the Blue search button with the + sign on it and then typed "phuket" into the "keywords" box. My friend had asked for a quick update on where he should stay / where was good hotel wise etc in the Paradise gay area so I was trying to search for that. But found myself having to wade through loads of 2007 etc posts which of course are fairly useless now in that regard, hence why i wondered was it possible to date arrange posts. Turns out it all worked out for the best as in the end I gave up and just decided to go with him to show him for myself ! So the boards search feature just created a new holiday maker !

Oh and I STILL haven't found any suitable hotel if anyone has any suggestions. Me I'd quite happily stay bang in the centre of the paradise area in a so so place, my friend is more of a Accor hotel man and is asking me do I know ARE there any Accor hotels ( or hotels of a similar quality) close to the gay area - I dont know about that - anyone any suggestions perhaps ??

Liked

All these years of posting and I never even noticed the search + box next to the what’s new box, alongside the forum name. Even while wearing my reading glasses! In previous searches, I always used the search box in the top left-hand corner.

So I’ve learnt something new today. Thanks for bringing up the subject, NIrish-guy and thanks Moses for your easy to follow answer.

8. User who gave Like to post:

colmx (May 12th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No Problem Jelly, that's what us Mods are here for, always happy to help users with things like this, I didn't get to be a Mod on this board just sitting back and not helping others you know, oh no, it's a role one has to EARN ! lol

( i'm JOKING Moses before you have heart failure, i KNOW I'm not a Mod - it's a JOKEEEEEE :-) lol

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I literally just pressed the Blue search button with the + sign on it and then typed "phuket" into the "keywords" box. My friend had asked for a quick update on where he should stay / where was good hotel wise etc in the Paradise gay area so I was trying to search for that. But found myself having to wade through loads of 2007 etc posts which of course are fairly useless now in that regard, hence why i wondered was it possible to date arrange posts. Turns out it all worked out for the best as in the end I gave up and just decided to go with him to show him for myself ! So the boards search feature just created a new holiday maker !

Oh and I STILL haven't found any suitable hotel if anyone has any suggestions. Me I'd quite happily stay bang in the centre of the paradise area in a so so place, my friend is more of a Accor hotel man and is asking me do I know ARE there any Accor hotels ( or hotels of a similar quality) close to the gay area - I dont know about that - anyone any suggestions perhaps ??
    Check at first picture most bottom arrow near word "relevance" - you can change it to "by date"

near second from bottom arrow you can choose what time frame should be used at search

Forum's veteran
    Liked

AHHH there you go - perfect - thank you for that.