List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November, 2018 First gay marriages to occur in Thailand: Well aboard ship that is

Aboard my sailboat. Just google Hot Buoys Sailing to find me
    Liked

November, 2018 First gay marriages to occur in Thailand: Well aboard ship that is

If you follow the subject of gay marriage in Thailand you might be interested to learn of a new law in Bermuda. See, must of those big giant cruise ships are flagged in Bermuda. This means Bermuda law applies to what goes on aboard the ship.

Beginning November 2018 Bermuda cruise ships will allow same-sex marriages to occur on board.

This means when a cruise ship docks in Thailand any two same-sex residents of Thailand can simply get on board and get married. Of course you have to pay for the service.

Further, until gay marriages are recognized in Thailand, that marriage will only be recognized by countries around the world that:

A. Recognize a marriage that takes place in Bermuda (that is most countries)
    B. Recognizes that two same-sex individuals can get married.

I created a website to try and keep track of this.

http://www.gaymarriagethailand.com/

I also made a Facebook page

https://web.facebook.com/Gay-marriag...6108174523011/

Captain

So which SE Asia country will be first to legalize gay marriage completely.
    Thailand, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam, or Singapore

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 7th, 2018)

Liked

Re: November, 2018 First gay marriages to occur in Thailand: Well aboard ship that is

Well it's hardly likely to be Singapore is it - considering they'll have to get over the small matter of it being illegal for 2 guys to have a shag first, never mind getting married.

Which is one reason I've never visited Singapore - not that I'm afraid of their law in that respect, just that I refuse to contribute financially to supporting such a regime.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: November, 2018 First gay marriages to occur in Thailand: Well aboard ship that is

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Well it's hardly likely to be Singapore is it - considering they'll have to get over the small matter of it being illegal for 2 guys to have a shag first, never mind getting married.

Which is one reason I've never visited Singapore - not that I'm afraid of their law in that respect, just that I refuse to contribute financially to supporting such a regime.
    Ouch! You should blame yourself and arsenal for this! We inherited those laws from the British via the Indian Penal Code which was drafted at the height of Empire and Victorianism. Of course, plenty of argument has been made as to why those laws should be repealed.

We may not be the first to recognise and allow gay marriage but you can bet your ass that when we do, it will be the clearest and fairest in terms of its legal ramifications.

You might be missing out by not visiting Singapore. Fountainhole has claimed several times on these message boards that our guys are knocking on his door every five minutes to fuck his dusty ass when he's here; now he wouldn't lie, would he?
    Last edited by sglad; May 5th, 2018 at 14:46.

Liked

Are Singaporean guys really that indiscriminating?

6. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (May 5th, 2018)

Aboard my sailboat. Just google Hot Buoys Sailing to find me
    Liked

I am tempted to comment on Thai versus Singapore guys, however, want to keep the discussion on track regarding the changing political and legal environment.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    So which SE Asia country will be first to legalize gay marriage completely.
    Thailand, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam, or Singapore
    Taiwan is not in Southeast Asia. But I think they've made the biggest progress in terms of legalising same-sex marriage in this region.

Liked

My guess is Vietnam.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Alas the OP on this post may have to delay any wedding plans as Bermuda have now most annoyingly RE- BANNED gay marriage again ! This also then in effect bans ALL ships ( and a ton of the worlds cruise ships !) from carrying out gay marriage ceremonies on board their ships ( ie ships that are registered under the Bermudian flag). Needless to say this is the Christian ( rarely) right at their work again. Gat couples are being actively urged to boycott the the Cruise companies who are choosing to remain under the Bermudian flag in protest at the Bermudian Governments position. The matter is as yet unresolved.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/03/0...age-abolition/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Alas the OP on this post may have to delay any wedding plans as Bermuda have now most annoyingly RE- BANNED gay marriage again ! This also then in effect bans ALL ships ( and a ton of the worlds cruise ships !) from carrying out gay marriage ceremonies on board their ships ( ie ships that are registered under the Bermudian flag).
    Oops! There goes the business plan.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    My guess is Vietnam.
    Gay guys can already get married in Vietnam - it just means nothing legally - so they are part of the way there and you may be correct