List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: November, 2018 First gay marriages to occur in Thailand: Well aboard ship that is

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: November, 2018 First gay marriages to occur in Thailand: Well aboard ship that is

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Gay guys can already get married in Vietnam - it just means nothing legally - so they are part of the way there and you may be correct
    ?? So.......but then they're NOT actually married then surely, they're just two people standing in a room randomly saying "i do" to each other for no particular reason other how it makes them feel emotionally towards each other - but they still AREN'T married - a bit like Matt and his BF who he insists on calling his husband for no obvious reason as they are married either apparently ! Or am I missing something ( about vietnam I mean )

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: November, 2018 First gay marriages to occur in Thailand: Well aboard ship that is

SG said: Gay guys can already get married in Vietnam - it just means nothing legally.

Which means that they can now cohabit and have both their names on the official Family (Household) Registration Book, something that was not possible in the past. It also means they can have a "wedding" reception with their names on the board outside the venue. That also was not possible before. But, as was noted, all of this means nothing legally. A gay couple still cannot have both names on a marriage certificate.

I've been living in Saigon for the past 18 years, following this matter. I'll let you know when there is any breaking news about it.