Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
Received an email from Lukas in which he confirmed the closure of Dicks and that all the equipment is in storage until the new premises are ready. Have booked to stay at his Tarntawan Apartments again next month and did on occasion 'take out' food from the main menu at Dicks to take back to apartment last visit, so hope the new 'Dicks' is up and running by then. No confirmation of location or time scale for new premises. Will definitely miss it next visit. Looks like a de-camp to Hotmale 2 is on the cards.

As for the Tarntawan Hotel.......well! I think there has been more than enough forum time spent on this hotel, far too many threads and posts than was necessary for a simple stand-alone hotel. I really don't understand what all the fuss was about. I personally made little mention and very light reference to the place during my 18 years of patronage. The repeated minute details of the rooms were starting to get tiresome. Thankfully MFAS and Scottish-guy seem to have been able to deal with their Tarntawan obsession since many of the threads were bumped by them and kept running due to their continual reference to it.
I , for one, have never stayed there and really want a hotel that understands our clientel. On my reponse to one thread I said, I worry about Patpong area hotels in fear that they will be "aggressively sraight." I was mocked for that but in Latin America it is totally possible to find a hotel that is more than gracious to female hookers but will stop you cold if you enter with a male native - any age - any time of day. I'm leaning toward the Tarntawan, but can you tell me something about the apartments? I don't even know where the place is. Is it close enough to the Tartawan to breakfast there?