Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dick's Cafe

Liked

Dick's Cafe

Another forum has a discussion of the closing of Dick's Bangkok location. Confirmed on Dick's website. I haven't seen anything here; any word on the move?

Liked

Re: Dick's Cafe

Apparently Dick's Bangkok restaurant is moving out of Soi Twilight ... today [May 5] in fact. Doesn't say to 'where' on this webpage. http://www.dickscafe.com/bangkok/index.html
    Dick's Jomtien restaurant seems as if it is staying put. http://www.dickscafe.com/jomtien/index.html
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm devasated, that was my main eating hole for simple stuff - and they did the best milkshake in town too :-( ( IMHO Moses !)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I'm devasated, that was my main eating hole for simple stuff - and they did the best milkshake in town too :-( ( IMHO Moses !)
    it's where I planted myself to watch the guys go to work and floow the best! My eagle's nest

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Undoubtedly the best view in the soi. And decent food,too. A couple of the waiters have been there for years: I hope they are being looked-after better than loyal staff at Tarntawan.

6. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (May 5th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Undoubtedly the best view in the soi. And decent food,too. A couple of the waiters have been there for years: I hope they are being looked-after better than loyal staff at Tarntawan.
    And I hope all the owners of the venues take good care of their staff. Several of the captains at Dream Boys must have been working for the owner for more than 20 years...at least one started as a go-go boy at the older Barbiary [spelling?-Barbiery? the older version of the bar]

8. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (May 5th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    And I hope all the owners of the venues take good care of their staff. Several of the captains at Dream Boys must have been working for the owner for more than 20 years...at least one started as a go-go boy at the older Barbiary [spelling?-Barbiery? the older version of the bar]
    yes, he was a great Go Go boy and a very nice man. Barbiery is still my gold standard of what a bar should be like - although Dreamboys 10 years ago was almost a mirror image of the old Barbiery

Liked

i was reading "gay thailand" and some posters there seem to think that Dicks is still open. Of course, their own website notes that they are closed. But, people in BKK now seem to dispute that - although they were damnably vauge.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    i was reading "gay thailand" and some posters there seem to think that Dicks is still open. Of course, their own website notes that they are closed. But, people in BKK now seem to dispute that - although they were damnably vauge.
    Dick's WAS open for it's final night last night (Saturday). Lukas was there.

Liked

Is that Lukas as in the famous Tarntawan Lukas?

We don't hear much about the Tarntawan these days - we should have more threads on it.

13. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (May 6th, 2018)