List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    The best show at the pool was when Monty had it, the show began at 4PM.
    Did he do a full Monty?

Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

That would have turned more stomachs than his infamous Chicken Matzo Ball soup

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

Sorry to hear of the demise of Ting Tong, was my favourite bar in Sunee, liked the couch seats they had set up at the other side of the lane.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_ View Post
    The entertainment stopped months ago. I went to the bar for the scheduled show night and was told the show was cancelled. Whether correct or not i was told by staff that they were paying 5000 baht each night for the fire show dancers etc. I thought that they could have a less expensive show even with a few guys dancing with their shirts off and still attract customers instead of the near empty bar after the shows were cancelled.
    Yes very sad to see indeed, as is the news that Mario is ill.

Not only the entertainment disappeared, but the whole vibe of the place started to die from about a year ago. It went from a busy, many nights pretty full, with solid regular customer base to a very quiet place the last 3 trips I made June, Oct last year, and Feb this year. As soon as the numbers of the many boys they had working there started to fall away so did the custom and the bar. It was the one bar where it was a real 'head scratcher' as to why it went so far downhill so quickly.

A year ago and prior, often customers would have whisky/gin/vodka/285 bottle sets with all the tables on the bar-side full so they had to open new areas to sit, and there were always 10 or so boys on hand. Not just the show nights, as I never actually attended a show night there, this was just the 'normal' trading nights/early mornings. I'm not sure why their regular loyal custom dried-up. It all didn't really make sense as passing every night you could see the numbers were down, yet they went ahead and opened new guesthouse rooms, a restaurant and pool room and more recently a Travel/visa style office. The pool room was a mistake as it was in a room out of sight, and so any of the boys who were bored would have a game of pool while potential customers passed by unaware there were available boys.

I still went out of my way to have a drink there sometimes as a couple of the former Duks Bar lads still worked there, but there was a definite lack of atmosphere and fun over the last year back to early 2017. Very sad indeed as like the Double Shot bar, it cast a bright light over a large area of the soi. It would make a lot of sense for Alain at Sky to move round to the main soi to where 'All of Me' used to be or even Ting Tong Red premises and even if Good Boys could re-locate to where Queens Bar was at least have one main soi of light, atmosphere and action rather than dark areas in the main area there.

While on the subject of Sunee bars, can anyone comment on Eden Bar which re-opened couple months ago. Does it have staff and is it doing any trade?

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 8th, 2018), aussie_ (May 8th, 2018), Tintin (May 8th, 2018)

Liked

So with the closure of Ting Tong Red has Sunee become a motorbike thoroughfare once again?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post

While on the subject of Sunee bars, can anyone comment on Eden Bar which re-opened couple months ago. Does it have staff and is it doing any trade?
    The staff at Eden is limited to the manager Kone/Gone who is very friendly plus one other male staff and a lady bartender. Trade is down in general so maybe only a few customers per night.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    It would make a lot of sense for Alain at Sky to move round to the main soi to where 'All of Me' used to be or even Ting Tong Red premises and even if Good Boys could re-locate to where Queens Bar was at least have one main soi of light, atmosphere and action rather than dark areas in the main area there.
    It would light up the soi again and Alain would bring in the customers in a better location. One main soi of bars and go go might revive Sunee.

Last Sunday night at Sunee
    DSC_1426.jpg

The beach is closed
    DSC_1425.jpg

Liked

I can't imagine Goodboys would want to move to a well-lit part of Sunee; they are probably quite happy in the darkness, keeping a very low profile.

As for the rest of the gay establishments, I think it would be a good idea for them to be all together.

And the Queens bar has closed?? I've had quite a few interesting nights there. What a shame!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I can't imagine Goodboys would want to move to a well-lit part of Sunee; they are probably quite happy in the darkness, keeping a very low profile. As for the rest of the gay establishments, I think it would be a good idea for them to be all together. And the Queens bar has closed?? I've had quite a few interesting nights there. What a shame!
    Huh? A447! when was the last time you were 'up that end'? If the latinpoxx had made that statement about New Queens you would have been questioning the authenticity of his trip reports or having been in the area as it has been closed for years!.

Anyway, I expected someone to comment about the Goodboys location with regard to their 'business model' but didn't have time to put in more detail to the original post. Sure Goodboys could remain where they are, One Bar is just up from it and is closer to Green Chairs and Double Shot so might get away with remaining also. But the reason I suggested New Queens location is the fact that it is not well-lit up there, sometimes I hardly noticed if New Queens was actually open some of the time during it's lifespan. There's no brightness up there, also next door on one side Eros is a very hands-on bar too, I know it's enclosed but there is only the width and depth of the door (+curtain?... I cant remember) to keep the 'action' from being seen from the soi, and next door on the other side is only the outside seating of Winner Gogo which is not bright, also that location might tempt a few more patrons to try it as it has a fairly large staff to employ.

Even if just to sit with the boys there to give them a chance of tips and a drink without all the 'other stuff' it's known for. While the guys do look a bit rough, from experience of passing are very nice and polite, always trying to get customers to sit for a drink in the current location but there's just nothing to sit and look at across from it or much passing traffic for people watching, on the other soi where NQ was at least there is an outlook of sorts. As I say NQ was always a darkish place anyway and with very low lighting and the right placement of furniture/boardings Goodboys could well get away with it. Only the actual size of the one-shophouse bar unit might be an issue compared to the larger Goodboys current premises.

It would certainly keep all the action close to each other on the one soi in Sunee and benefit from more collective passing trade. In that location I would be more than happy to drop by for a drink as I did at NQ.

Liked

It's been a couple of years since I was in Pattaya. I think I was last there in December, 2016.

The Queens bar was still open but didn't have any customers. The young ladyboy doorman from Sunny Boys moved there when the gogo bar closed, and I mentioned this in my April 2016 report. But I haven't seen Marc for years. He used to sit there every night.

So it closed relatively recently.

I still think Goodboys is best hidden away. Maybe it's for my own selfish reasons - the fewer customers who know about it, the more fun I can have there!