List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    But I imagine the meatloaf nights are more about catching up with friends than a gourmet experience. It shouldn't take long to find another venue.
    True. Already there's talk about upgrading themselves and having their next soiree at McDonald's.

Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Sglad. A nicely done meatloaf is wonderful. Depending on the meat used it should come with a rich velvety sauce/gravy. Smooth and buttery mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables, pickles and a selection of condiments including mustard.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    francois, did you visit Ting Tong Red tonight, light a candle and leave a garland of jasmine at its front door as a mark of respect? You did, didn't you?
    I was walking by the night the lights went out at Ting Tong; and I did express my commiseration to the owner.

As for the meatloaf, it was only once a week and often I did not attend but there were a coterie of regulars who never missed.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    True. Already there's talk about upgrading themselves and having their next soiree at McDonald's.
    Wrong.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    So it wasn't making sufficient profit, I guess.

Ting Tong had a lot going for it - the bar, the boys, entertainment, the meatloaf nights, the guest house, a decent location in the soi, etc. Yet it still failed.

What hope do the other places have?
    The entertainment stopped months ago. I went to the bar for the scheduled show night and was told the show was cancelled. Whether correct or not i was told by staff that they were paying 5000 baht each night for the fire show dancers etc. I thought that they could have a less expensive show even with a few guys dancing with their shirts off and still attract customers instead of the near empty bar after the shows were cancelled.

Liked

Correct as you posted, aussie.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Wrong.
    McDonalds is too expensive!!
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (May 6th, 2018), sglad (May 6th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    McDonalds is too expensive!!
    Right.

10. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (May 6th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

The best show at the pool was when Monty had it, the show began at 4PM.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

That was in the days when Sunee had a decent number of customers though