List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Neal did actually post a full breakdown of the monthly costs which if my memory serves me right were 72000 baht. I'm sure most of us have at some time or other looked into owning a bar in Thailand.

Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

At that rate he would have been making money, at least at the start. I remember the crowds he used to attract to the bar night after night, especially when he organised events such as big cock competitions.

Sunny Boys was packed every night in the beginning - standing room only and on some nights customers were actually turned away at the door!

But sooner or later the number of customers falls away. Does the novelty of a new bar soon wear off? Do the customers get bored quickly?

I thought Happy Place was going from strength to strength, but it failed. Sure, some of the boys were playing up when Neal wasn't there to keep them in check, but the bar started losing customers before that.

Customers can be fickle. As we know, some nights Sunee Plaza is jumping, and Ting Tong Red sometimes was crowded, yet at other times everything is quiet as customers don't patronise the area.

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 5th, 2018)

Liked

Every bar is full of new boys and so everyone wants to see what's on offer.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    The owner of Ting Tong could not continue to back it anymore.
    So it wasn't making sufficient profit, I guess.

Ting Tong had a lot going for it - the bar, the boys, entertainment, the meatloaf nights, the guest house, a decent location in the soi, etc. Yet it still failed.

What hope do the other places have?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    The closing of Ting Tong may well be the end of the meatloaf dinners.
    Not many venues in Sunee Plaza to host one.
    WHAAAT??? No more cheap, sorry, inexpensive meatloaf dinners?!! Has the PM been alerted?

My condolences, francois. I hope you're getting all the emotional support you need in what must be a very difficult time for you.

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 7th, 2018)

Liked

I don't think I've ever had meatloaf and to be honest, it doesn't appeal to me. But I imagine the meatloaf nights are more about catching up with friends than a gourmet experience.

It shouldn't take long to find another venue.

Why don't you approach Goodboys? If you met there for your evenings I'm sure you'd attract a larger group of friends to join you! And there would be a diversion should the conversation go quiet. Lol

Liked

Goodboys already have a nightly sausage sizzle so I'm not sure a meatloaf night would fit in. Haha.

10. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (May 5th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    When you say 'owner' I assume you mean a Thai national? Because I think I read once that foreigners cannot own property in Thailand.
    So all these farangs who run boy bars in Pattaya they are not legally the owner of the bar?
    No, I was referring to the person who provided financial support to the bar and he was not a Thai national.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    “All these farang owners” etc from above ....
    Not sure just what you are asking Nirish guy?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

francois, did you visit Ting Tong Red tonight, light a candle and leave a garland of jasmine at its front door as a mark of respect? You did, didn't you?