List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Liked

Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

This is really bad news.
    Does it affect Double shot?

Liked

Re: Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Does it affect Double shot?
    I have no idea, sorry. I got news from local boys and they are off-line already (night).
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 5th, 2018), aussie_ (May 5th, 2018), francois (May 5th, 2018), sglad (May 5th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have talked to a friend who works in Double Shot. He says it remains open.

I assume the Hotel is the Elephant ? Is that correct?

What about the meatloaf crowd?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I have talked to a friend who works in Double Shot. He says it remains open.

I assume the Hotel is the Elephant ? Is that correct?

What about the meatloaf crowd?
    Elephant Hotel and Bar is owned by the same owner/s as Double Shot Bar.

Liked

Sad news. The whole concept of offering a 'beach' style hangout place was wonderful.

Liked

The closing of Ting Tong may well be the end of the meatloaf dinners.
    Not many venues in Sunee Plaza to host one.

Manforallseasons' post sums it up quite well.

Mario the manager of Ting Tong is returning to Germany for medical treatments. The owner of Ting Tong could not continue to back it anymore.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    The closing of Ting Tong may well be the end of the meatloaf dinners.
    Not many venues in Sunee Plaza to host one.

Manforallseasons' post sums it up quite well.

Mario the manager of Ting Tong is returning to Germany for medical treatments. The owner of Ting Tong could not continue to back it anymore.
    When you say 'owner' I assume you mean a Thai national? Because I think I read once that foreigners cannot own property in Thailand.
    So all these farangs who run boy bars in Pattaya they are not legally the owner of the bar?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

“All these farang owners” etc from above ....

Surely at the rate things are declining in the bars the old idea of some hobbyist supportive farang being behind most of the boy bars in pattaya is now fairly much getting to be a thing of the past surely anyhow now - no ?

And that is a question not a statement, I don’t know, I’m asking.

Going back years the norm of course seemed to be either a rich ( or stupid or both ) Farang who just didn’t care and poured money into his bar month after month just for the ( very questionable) “fun” of it OR it was the rose tinted glasses farang, who had maybe just arrived with a bit of hard cash burning a hole in his pocket for some reason such as retirement fund kicking in etc and couldn’t wait to be relieved of his cash to own a bar that seemed to usual standard ownership model.

The first carrying on just until he got bored (or arrested) usually and the second one, once he realised that the “gold mine” he’d been “allowed” to buy “very cheap” from some other previously rose tinted glassed farang was in fact anything but and so he then quickly sold up and cashed in losses before he lost ALL his life savings - or maybe just after, usually selling on the next rose ttinted farang who was fresh off the plane on his third or fourth visit and with some fresh money in his pocket too.

So, I’m aware of Allan etc in sky bar etc but aside from him and a few others I wonder ARE there still actually as many farang “owners” still around patts as there used to be maybe ? Or have the older wiser / richer Thais now bought / forced / robbed / arrested / extorted nearly all of them / is out of there by now I wonder ??

I should add here in his defence ( and aside from all his many negative points) Neal ( yes that one) has at one point the opportunity to convince me to buy his bar “cheap” as I too went through the rose tinted period of course and had a few quid and was debating “changing my life” etc and to his external credit he didn’t persue the opportunity and in fact strongly warned me off buying his or ANY bar in Thailand for all the reasons that I and we all are fully aware of now.

So whilst he may have been a bollicks in many other ways I do always give him credit for his decent actions around then - and trust me once he told me the true costs etc v ( non existent ) profit v the hours required to be on the premises to stop scams etc only a fool would have gone ahead with the purchase - although it seems some still do ( thank god for us) but to be fair to him he could have lied his way through that and didn’t. Thank goodness I caught him at one of the better times when we were having those particular discussions !

12. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (May 5th, 2018)