FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High Season verses Low Season

Liked

Re: High Season verses Low Season

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

More boys available...per tourist...
    No queues for baht buses...
    Cheaper air fares, if you avoid UK holidays, i.e. traveling out in July or August...
    Plenty of room in restaurants and better service (at least quicker)...
    Cheaper Condo/hotel rent...
    No traffic jams..
    No Russians...nice weather at home for them...
    Shorter queues at Immigration...
    Gogo bars not full of Chinese tourists...
    Less tour buses..
    Admin, please delete this thread before the cat gets out of the bag.

Liked

extronaut wrote.
    "Admin, please delete this thread before the cat gets out of the bag."

Haha. Yes. Even an incorrigible poster such as I am keep quite a bit back. Don't want the hoi polloi sticking their noses in.

Liked

Well I'm no Thailand vet, like some people in this forum. I've been there a total of three times, over period of about four and a half years.

I have wandered around South East Asia a fair bit though (Vietnam, Cambodia, Southern China, Bali). Try to spend about six weeks traveling it every 1-1.5 years.

I must say, I do prefer to travel the low season, for all the reasons listed above. Also, I think people in these places really do get fed up with tourists. I can sympathize . It's nice to go places where people aren't sick of the sight of you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    What months are classed as High Season and Low Season?
    Thank you all kindly for your comments regarding the above.

Liked

We don't get very good weather in the UK, so I think it's great to escape for several weeks in the middle of the winter. As my employer is shut for about 10 days in December, it's easy to add time to that & make a proper holiday of it.

That way, I'm also guaranteed NOT to miss the 1 week of summer in the UK and don't find the lawn is about a foot long when returning home.

Once I finish work and have 365 days a year free, figuring out when to travel several times per year will require more thought. [Maybe eventual emigration]

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    We don't get very good weather in the UK, so I think it's great to escape for several weeks in the middle of the winter. As my employer is shut for about 10 days in December, it's easy to add time to that & make a proper holiday of it.

That way, I'm also guaranteed NOT to miss the 1 week of summer in the UK and don't find the lawn is about a foot long when returning home.

Once I finish work and have 365 days a year free, figuring out when to travel several times per year will require more thought. [Maybe eventual emigration]
    And that's why I left EnglandiSTAN.

Your worries are about your lawn?
    It's fucking grass? haha

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I usually do 90 days between 1 December and 1 March to avoid the winter. Don't travel after about mid December...too expensive. 90 days will not require a border run, just a 90 day visa obtained in the UK before travelling

Second visit between June/July for a shorter period. I usually only do 30 days...so no Visa required.

This spreads the visits more or less evenly through the year.

You'll need to employ a gardener!

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by extronaut View Post
    Well I'm no Thailand vet, like some people in this forum. I've been there a total of three times, over period of about four and a half years.

I have wandered around South East Asia a fair bit though (Vietnam, Cambodia, Southern China, Bali). Try to spend about six weeks traveling it every 1-1.5 years.

I must say, I do prefer to travel the low season, for all the reasons listed above. Also, I think people in these places really do get fed up with tourists. I can sympathize . It's nice to go places where people aren't sick of the sight of you.
    Trust me, those of us who live here ALL get sick to death of the tourist hordes.

The trick is, even if you are a tourist, is to stay in non-tourist areas.

More important. Don't act like one. Walking thought a boy area trying to grope every boy you see while drunk as a skunk (not saying you do) is distastful. You will be judged for it.
    Last edited by Moses; May 2nd, 2018 at 23:31. Reason: splitting topic

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I usually do 90 days between 1 December and 1 March to avoid the winter. Don't travel after about mid December...too expensive. 90 days will not require a border run, just a 90 day visa obtained in the UK before travelling

Second visit between June/July for a shorter period. I usually only do 30 days...so no Visa required.

This spreads the visits more or less evenly through the year.

You'll need to employ a gardener!

Good advice. I agree with your thoughts entirely on the 90 day winter trip. I've also noticed it's advantageous to travel in early December.

A gardner would be useful for summer trips.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    If you mistreat a guy, chances are you'll get to meet a group of his friends in a dark alley.
    Yup. Seen that before.

They are like packs of dogs.