Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Season verses Low Season

Liked

High Season verses Low Season

Both are great times to visit but there are advantages and disadvantages to both. High Season has more boys and the town has a rockin' vibe. Also it's always nice to enjoy a tropical holiday when it's sub-zero temperatures back home. But low season might just make the boy who doesn't do much more amenable to certain activities. Quieter restaurants too and perhaps a little cheaper overall but not by much.

Liked

Re: High Season verses Low Season

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Both are great times to visit but there are advantages and disadvantages to both. High Season has more boys and the town has a rockin' vibe. Also it's always nice to enjoy a tropical holiday when it's sub-zero temperatures back home. But low season might just make the boy who doesn't do much more amenable to certain activities. Quieter restaurants too and perhaps a little cheaper overall but not by much.
    What months are classed as High Season and Low Season?

Liked

What we consider low season (summer months) the airlines consider high season. Airline tickets are more expensive to Thailand when you go in July or August.

Liked

High Season has more boys
    How many more? Are the stages in gogo bars twice as full? I go mostly March and October and don't see much difference. So if I go next time in December will it be a significant difference?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    What months are classed as High Season and Low Season?
    HS: November - February, LS: rest of the year with exclusions for week around Songkran (mid of April) which is part of the Peak Season (December 20 - January 10 + Songkran week)
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Mixed feelings. Of my three annual visits, January certainly has the most lively Boyztown to commend it but I prefer an older, more restrained clientele. The weather is better of course, unless you travel north as P and I often do. Recent January trips to Luang Prabang (Laos) and Chiang Mai have included temperatures so cold that my Thailand-wardrobe couldn't cope; some outings were ruined.
    June is often wet but the rain tends to be over within a couple of hours. I can recall exceptions to this- once I watched a couple of Thais catch a fish outside the then Funny Boys. But quieter bars and restaurants compensate. We hate queuing at our favourite places in Central.
    September/October is probably the best time for us, though I (not P.) am sorry to miss Chelsea's early games of the Premiership. We've had one wasted stay in Krabi, when it rained continuously (we were aware that we were taking a risk) but usually it has been OK. And there is likely to be more "life" around as Loy Kratong approaches. And that's my favourite festival.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    HS: November - February, LS: rest of the year with exclusions for week around Songkran (mid of April) which is part of the Peak Season (December 20 - January 10 + Songkran week)
    You missed out Chinese New Year. About a week before CNY and for two weeks after (till Chap Goh Mei) there'll be a lot of people from neighbouring countries (especially China) travelling to Thailand.

There's also a surge in domestic travel during the Thai school holidays, particularly the March to mid-May summer break, as well as during local festivals such as Qingming, naga fireball festival in Nong Khai and the vegetarian festival in Phuket.

There's a similar thread here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...272#post229272
    Last edited by sglad; May 1st, 2018 at 19:48.

Liked

September can be a great month to visit. I've had bars all to myself which is like the keys to the sweet shop. No problems with the weather so far.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

September can be a great month to visit. I've had bars all to myself which is like the keys to the sweet shop. No problems with the weather so far.
    Well you've been very lucky with the weather then. September and October are both the wettest months.
    https://weather-and-climate.com/aver...ttaya,Thailand

Here are some examples of the heavy rains in September!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfLu3mr1oNA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Ke_UijHmY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbK00fz5Ny8

Worth a look!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This subject has been bought up many times before, anyway here is my take on low season ...

More boys available...per tourist...
    No queues for baht buses...
    Cheaper air fares, if you avoid UK holidays, i.e. traveling out in July or August...
    Plenty of room in restaurants and better service (at least quicker)...
    Cheaper Condo/hotel rent...
    No traffic jams..
    No Russians...nice weather at home for them...
    Shorter queues at Immigration...
    Gogo bars not full of Chinese tourists...
    Less tour buses..

I only go November-March because the weather in the UK is shit, but I much prefer my June/July visits.