Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please welcome new moderator!

Liked

Re: Please welcome new moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    No offence to JellyBean in any way . . . but why on earth does this Board need three Moderators at all. A bit ridiculous really.
    None taken, Smiles, it’s a legitimate question for a member to ask.

I see that a447 and ChristianPFC have already answered and I hope their answers adequately dealt with your question.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Surely by Christians own admission there though in his earlier post and as it can be several days between him logging on when travelling etc and the whole point of having three mods was to have world time zone "coverage" that fact seems to bugger that idea up a bit somewhat.

And that's no slant on Christian btw as he's damned right not to waste his time feeling he should be logging on here when away shagging / travelling, I'm merely flagging up that IF that was the general idea then Christian ( who does seem to travel alot) maybe wasn't that best choice at the time when appointing yet another Mod. But of course that's totally up to Moses to decide, not us mere mortals - but just flagging up the fact.

Oh and PS a belated congratulations to you Jellybean on your appointment, I've no doubt you'll endeavour do a grand job for one and all here in the true spirit of the Civil Service ! ( OMG does your appointment mean we're now going to have to fill out several forms, all in triplicate and in black in before being able to post - please tell us that's not going to be the case !! :-).......actually now that I think of it that maybe wouldn't be the worst rule for some posters here ! :-) lol

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    . . . Oh and PS a belated congratulations to you Jellybean on your appointment, I've no doubt you'll endeavour do a grand job for one and all here in the true spirit of the Civil Service ! ( OMG does your appointment mean we're now going to have to fill out several forms, all in triplicate and in black in before being able to post - please tell us that's not going to be the case !! :-).......actually now that I think of it that maybe wouldn't be the worst rule for some posters here ! :-) lol
    Thanks NIrish-guy, that means a lot coming from you.

If I am fair and impartial (got the spelling right this time) and I also promise to wear my reading glasses when posting from now on, so as to avoid any further spelling howlers, I hope I can count on the support of the majority of our members.

And, er . . . em . . . I am sorry to say, but those forms were sent out yesterday and should arrive on your doormat tomorrow morning. You’ ll no doubt recognise them, as they’ll be a brown envelope and headed OHMS. Do let me have them back within the next 30 days, there’s a good fellow.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    ...those forms were sent out yesterday ....You’ll no doubt recognise them, as they’ll be a brown envelope and headed OHMS.
    I can only hope the OHMS is prominently displayed, and he doesn't confuse them with all those other plain brown envelopes that get delivered to his door every day!

Liked

Point of order Jellybean.

Can I claim the costs of the many hours I spent moderating.the board , to near universal acclaim (surely no one will bite) as tax deductable including the costs of all my trips to Thailand during the period?

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 4th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I can only hope the OHMS is prominently displayed, and he doesn't confuse them with all those other plain brown envelopes that get delivered to his door every day!
    Ahhhh no those are the one's with STI'c on them, I never open them as I always assumed they just stood for Statistics Management Information Commission ? However I've a terrible itch that just won't seem to go away that has been here as long as those letters have been arriving, I really should open one of them one of these days as I've a feeling that I may have made a terrible mistake !

8. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (May 4th, 2018)

Liked

Despite the lame attempts to justify a Mod-thick field, this smallish message board with only about 20 'regulars' (if that) heartily posting away with gusto hardly needs a triad of Mods (plus Moses ... busy parting waters?) watching over the Board Babies 24/7.
    Missing a once-in-a-while horror story posted by some pathetic troll for a few hours is distinctly not the end of worlds.

Moses + JellyBean sounds about right.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Without any slant intended whatsoever towards A447 or Christian, who have by and large just kept their heads down and just got on with things without any dramas and managed to post away as themselves too at the same time without muddying those waters either ( more or less ) I would tend to agree with you Smiles - but this is all a moot point of course as as we've all been reminded on numerous occasions this is not a democracy and you / our / any opinion re such matters not a jot and can be stuck where the sun doesn't shine, lets not loose sight of that fact and so waste time discussing such matters even perhaps as such posts fall for sure on deaf Russian ears I fear.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    deaf Russian ears
    weak try... you can do better
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Despite the lame attempts to justify a Mod-thick field, this smallish message board with only about 20 'regulars' (if that) heartily posting away with gusto hardly needs a triad of Mods (plus Moses ... busy parting waters?) watching over the Board Babies 24/7.
    Missing a once-in-a-while horror story posted by some pathetic troll for a few hours is distinctly not the end of worlds.

Moses + JellyBean sounds about right.
    Please don't limit yourself: you also may visit nearby groceries and tell to owner how many sales persons he has to have.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com