Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Updates

Liked

Hotel Updates

I searched the forums and updates on some of the old stand by Bangkok hotels are years old. Last time I was in Bangkok ( before switching my alligience to Pattaya ) I ate at the restaurant of the Rose hotel. The food was excellent. I stayed there decades ago but it seems to be trying to be a business hotel now. Any idea of its sutibility for us?

Also, 30 years ago I was a novice and always stayed at the Suriwongse. It eeemed, then, to be the gayest hotel in the world. In fact, one very old guest called it " the mother house of our order." I heard about renovations but never read it mentioned here as a possible choice. I loved the coffee shop breakfast was good.

At the moment I'm thinking Tarntawan and I suspect it will be fine. But, I would be interested to know anything about other hotels in the Soi Twilight area. I've always walked by small hotels in Patpong but thought they might be aggressively straight - but, who knows?

Liked

Re: Hotel Updates

Quote Originally Posted by paborn View Post
    .. I would be interested to know anything about other hotels in the Soi Twilight area..
    It's been a long time since I visited BKK - I used to do a couple of days on arrival and a couple before departure but now I just go straight to Pattaya and straight back.

I can't imagine any hotels being "aggressively straight".

My "suite" at the Suriwongse was cockroach infested the last time I was there (and that was after the renovations) - but after threatening to walk out they found me a deluxe room with no wildlife. The Coffee Shop still exists but a shadow of the old one - no freelancers.

The Pavilion Place I recall as being quite good - first ever hotel I stayed in in Thailand. No problem with old queens (personal experience)

The Strand Inn in Silom is str8 but no problems - just queue up with your "trade" at reception with the female hookers. Suites on the roof have Jacuzzis. Not expensive

BBB Inn I got a tour of the rooms but although they were clean and smart (with wetrooms I recall) there was no atmosphere so I didn't book in.

Now I can't recall if Screw Boys is still next door to the Pavilion Place but (if so) then opposite both (in the centre of the "walkway") is a small beer bar called Horseshoe Bar. It used to be owned by a woman (inevitably called Lek) with what seemed to be OCD who tapped away on a calculator every 3 mins, assisted by another woman who had teeth like a row of tombstones. Anyway, assuming she's not dead - she is quite amenable to giving advice to the extent of taking you round a few hotels and getting you a good deal. Tombstone Teeth had a cute nephew whom my friend shagged but that's another story.

3. User who gave Like to post:

paborn (April 29th, 2018)

Liked

The Raya on Surawong is my "go to" hotel these days for stays in Silom area at the start of a holiday
    It sells out quite quickly though so need to book early!

At the end of a holiday I tend to stay at the Pinnacle Lumpini... the room rates there are cheap enough to justify paying for 2 nights, but checking out at 22.00 for a 01.30 flight home on the second night
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    It's been a long time since I visited BKK - I used to do a couple of days on arrival and a couple before departure but now I just go straight to Pattaya and straight back.

I can't imagine any hotels being "aggressively straight".

My "suite" at the Suriwongse was cockroach infested the last time I was there (and that was after the renovations) - but after threatening to walk out they found me a deluxe room with no wildlife. The Coffee Shop still exists but a shadow of the old one - no freelancers.

The Pavilion Place I recall as being quite good - first ever hotel I stayed in in Thailand. No problem with old queens (personal experience)

The Strand Inn in Silom is str8 but no problems - just queue up with your "trade" at reception with the female hookers. Suites on the roof have Jacuzzis. Not expensive

BBB Inn I got a tour of the rooms but although they were clean and smart (with wetrooms I recall) there was no atmosphere so I didn't book in.

Now I can't recall if Screw Boys is still next door to the Pavilion Place but (if so) then opposite both (in the centre of the "walkway") is a small beer bar called Horseshoe Bar. It used to be owned by a woman (inevitably called Lek) with what seemed to be OCD who tapped away on a calculator every 3 mins, assisted by another woman who had teeth like a row of tombstones. Anyway, assuming she's not dead - she is quite amenable to giving advice to the extent of taking you round a few hotels and getting you a good deal. Tombstone Teeth had a cute nephew whom my friend shagged but that's another story.

So, you might agree that BBB is not off a list for a basic one night or two stay. I'm waiting for people on the board who are about to stay at Tarntawan to report back. God, BBB is so convenient.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    first ever hotel I stayed in in Thailand. No problem with old queens (personal experience)

If you were an old queen then I dread to think how you would describe yourself now...!

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (May 2nd, 2018), scottish-guy (April 30th, 2018)

Liked

This is the internet - every year I get younger, my cock gets bigger, and to top it all I'm now a virgin

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 2nd, 2018), gerefan2 (April 30th, 2018)

Liked

During the last 6 months I have stayed at the Tarntawan 6 or 7 times. Always good. Everyone very friendly and helpful. Still home in BKK!

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (April 30th, 2018), paborn (May 2nd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

BBB isn't the ritz but can't beat the location for Soi Twilight.

https://thaiboy.net/

If there are no cute masseurs they don't bother you.
    Wish they still had cute Viet boys there,

Liked

Why do I see all these posts about the Tarntawan? Is it super gay friendly? Do they check IDs of guests? Guest fee?

I also don’t understand this Thai boy net thing? What exactly is it all about?

Hahaha I’m sure I’ll get killed on this forum for asking these questions.

I’m thinking of spending a few days in Bangkok to check out this nature boy and golden cock, before heading to my usual Pattaya

Thanks all

Liked

DrewSpz, the Tarntawan Hotel, just off Surawong Road in Bangkok, is very popular with some of our members. It is reasonably cheap and is very close to much of the commercial gay action. But some members feel that is mentioned too often and has now become the butt of many jokes. I stayed at the hotel about three times in total when my condo was being rented. They did check IDs when I was there. There were no joiners/ guest fees.

If you’re going to check out Nature Boy Bar and Golden Cock Bar, then I suggest you also consider checking out Super ‘A’ Bar, which is in the same location.

You should always feel free to ask questions on the Forum. Whether you will always receive a sensible answer is a different matter.

15. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 4th, 2018), Dalewood (May 8th, 2018), paborn (May 4th, 2018)