Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Hotel under New Management

Liked

Tarntawan Hotel under New Management

I have always liked the good old Tarntawan. Very gay to a point I suspect the straights might feel unwelcome..lol. I love their smoking rooms, older gentlemen spacing-out at the lobby, being close to everything, and seedy (but clean) enough to experiment the widest fantasywith one boy or more. I heard it is under straight management now and it shows. I guess without the gamely gay vibe one will start to notice how lacking and dated the establishment actually is. There is a reason why the rate is unusually low and this is probably my last stay here. I am sure the straight couple who gave me and my boy a dirty look in the elevator this morning wouldnt miss me.

Liked

Re: Tarntawan under New Management

YAY!

If only we had an emoji with a string of balloons

Liked

Re: Tarntawan Hotel under New Management

I stayed in one of their more expensive 'Executive " rooms, and if was far from ideal.

The T.V. stopped working after 2 days - sound only, no picture - and the air-conditioning blew out hot air when set at 20 or thereabouts, leading to very hot and sweaty sex sessions. I had to put towels down on the bed.

However, the bed was large and much more comfortable than those in the cheaper rooms. That's a huge bonus -and nor just for sleeping!

This time I saw lots of hetero couples and single women. Thankfully, I didn't see any kids. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the future is the management has decided to go in anew direction.

Whenever the head cleaner knew I was in my room she appeared accompanied by one of the younger cleaners.

"She go home today. Holiday."

And then both of them would stand there in silence, looking at me.

In other words, please tip her, as you will be gone by the time she comes back.

I didn't know that young cleaners could all take so many holidays! Another new policy, perhaps?

Still, I gave tips to them, but I just felt it was very blatant and it is something I've never experienced there before.

A new policy from the new owners? Or am I being a bit cynical, thinking the head cleaner gets a cut of the tips.

Maybe I am.

But TIT, so absolutely nothing surprises me any more.
    Last edited by a447; April 28th, 2018 at 17:47.

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 3rd, 2018)

Liked

So, the cleaners have changed - I do hope CNN/FOX/SKY/BBC pick this up.

6. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (April 28th, 2018)

Liked

I booked 2 nights for coming June. Feel sorry already
    I booked it because not that long ago I read somewhere (here or on another forum) it was going again in the good direction. So I thought lets try it again. And now this.
    I can't cancel because I booked a non-refundable rate :-(

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I booked it because not that long ago I read somewhere (here or on another forum) it was going again in the good direction. So I thought lets try it again. And now this.
    Do not be too despair: Tarntawan is still a decent, clean and guest-friendly hotel. You save the hassle of getting a meter cab after the boy shows and within waking distance to BTS/7 Eleven. Mine is the most basic room type, it's air-con is cool and tap water hot, sometimes that's really all you need.

9. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (April 28th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I stayed in one of their more expensive 'Executive " rooms, and if was far from ideal.

The T.V. stopped working after 2 days - sound only, no picture - and the air-conditioning blew out hot air when set at 20 or thereabouts, leading to very hot and sweaty sex sessions. I had to put towels dish in the bed.

However, the bed was large and much more comfortable than those in the cheaper rooms. That's a huge bonus -and nor just for sleeping!

This time I saw lots of hetero couples and single women. Thankfully, I didn't see any kids. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the future is the management has decided to go in anew direction.

Whenever the head cleaner knew I was in my room she appeared accompanied by one of the younger cleaners.

"She go home today. Holiday."

And then both of them would stand there in silence, looking at me.

In other words, please tip her, as you will be gone by the time she comes back.

I didn't know that young cleaners could all take so many holidays! Another new policy, perhaps?

Still, I gave tips to them, but I just felt it was very blatant and it is something I've never experienced there before.

A new policy from the new owners? Or am I being a bit cynical, thinking the head cleaner gets a cut of the tips.

Maybe I am.

But TIT, so absolutely nothing surprises me any more.
    I still think B20-40/night left on the desk in the morning is appreciated. So far so good I guess, my towels are changed and toilet cleaned

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    Dimsumbear is right - don't despair.

Despite its shortcomings, it still has a lot going for it.

If you've enjoyed starying there in the past, you probably won't notice a lot of difference and will still have a good time there.

They still have their free cocktail parties in the lobby, if you are into drinking.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post

They still have their free cocktail parties in the lobby, if you are into drinking.
    Does that mean mixing with the disapproving straights? If so, No Thanks!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

AsDaRa, don't be so pessimistic. People are entitled to their opinions and we don't all agree. I was there three months ago and return in four weeks. The changes I regret relate to the departure of some long-serving staff, two of whom were nearly in tears when they told me they were going. In other respects, I didn't notice any changes....to rooms, to cleaning, to clientele. I was offered a decent price for my upcoming stay and found the new reception staff charming. If you enjoyed Tarntawan before, you will enjoy it again, assuming you don't hanker after 5* luxury and 5* prices.