Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phuket in July

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Phuket in July

Quote Originally Posted by Meco View Post
    As I understand Two Guys might be closed.
    Thanks
    Def closed. There is a thread here about it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    " ... You can break your journey again as you head north to Bangkok with a stopover in Hua Hin and say hi to longtime board member (and founder?) Smiles and his partner, Suphot. I believe Suphot is a guide who's has good reviews (for his guide work!) on the various gay Thailand forums so there's one verified contact that you already have in your book ... "
    Thanks Sglad for your mention of Suphot and his tour business. He has a very comfortable vehicle and knows all of Thailand like the back of his hand.

Meco, that is certainly one option that you might consider. July is 'low' season in Thailand, as it is with Pot, so no problem with hiring him for any trips you may like to do during your three weeks.

It really depends upon what kind interaction you wish to dabble in with your guide during your trip.
    Hiring a guy from a gogo or host bar is definitely an option if you wish sex to be a part of your trip ... (that would certainly NOT be a tour for Suphot ). You never know, you might well find a Thai guy in a bar who intuitively clicks with you, and vice versa. And having found The One, he would almost for sure be happy to take you wherever you wish. Definitely find a guy who turns you on, is mutually happy with your company, and who can speak your language ... it's really important to be able to converse on a reasonable level.
    If you choose that option you would have to pay for everything: daily off fee for the bar (long term will make that lower ... the boy will negotiate); daily cash amount for the Thai guy (negotiable, up front); gasoline for a car or fare for other transportation; all meals, all booze; all fun at night; all hotels.

Obviously the option of hiring a professional guide (like Moses' business, or Suphot's, or some other tour business) and the fee would be completely known to you from day one.

In my opinion, the bar boy option is much more likely to stretch your imagination, to be a bit on the edgy side, and is much more likely to hit some sort of jackpot if you are lucky to stumble over a great Thai man/boy who knows Thailand well and really likes you as well. You won't get much better than that . . . though the initial hook-up won't be easy and it had better be right!
    Hey, fall in love . . . it'd happened before.

The second, more business-like option, is more 'safe' on more than one level, more everything-up-front, more white picket fence. (Paborn-style)

Difficult choices ...
    Last edited by Smiles; April 28th, 2018 at 06:26.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

3. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (April 29th, 2018), Aux1010 (April 30th, 2018), colmx (April 28th, 2018), dinagam (April 28th, 2018), TaoR (April 28th, 2018)

Liked

Thanks for the advise

Liked

I will be in Phuket for three weeks in July. I am seeking advice as to how to find a guy that can travel with me for those three weeks. I want to tour the islands and travel to Bangkok by train for my return flight. I have never taken a long distance train trip in Thailand. The reason I want some one to travel with me is the ability to make life easier for myself in purchasing travel tickets and not eating alone.
    Phuket to Bangkok by bus and train sounds inconvenient to me. Only one time, when I was in Koh Samui in early 2011, did I book a train ticket (from Surat Thani station, the same you would be using) not at the train station but at an agency, and that was a pain in the ass (being sent around several places, lots of confusion and time wasted). I would avoid this at all cost and either take bus directly to Bangkok or fly to Bangkok.

" make life easier for myself" keep in mind that most boys in the bar probably only know their home village and the surroundings of the bar or the place they stay. Do not expect a bar boy to be a tour guide, nor any help in booking hotel or transportation. As for eating, he and you might have different ideas what a good meal is.

I mostly travel alone because that makes life easier for myself.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 2nd, 2018), Smiles (May 2nd, 2018), Tintin (May 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Well I had to change my dates of travel to July 8-July 20 and will only do Phuket and the islands. Crazy work changed my plans, just an excuse to visit again when this contract is over in October. Thanks for the advice, I do tend to travel by myself and have done so for years. I like quiet time when I want it. I traveled for five months throughout SE Asia in 2011, then setteled in Ho Chi Minh City for a year.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have finally registered after lurking for 17 years. I have made 5 trips to Thailand since 2006 and I am now in a position to make an annual or semi annual trip.
    Hi Meco. I've been meaning to ask you: what made you wait so long before posting?