Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money for Boy's Rent..or some might say Money for Rent Boys

Liked

Money for Boy's Rent..or some might say Money for Rent Boys

I have known a Thai guy for about 7 years. He is a sweet guy, very nice personality, etc. very handsome. He insists that he not a rent boy but people do what they do to get by and survive. He has gone through several different careers. When I met him he was trying to do legitimate massage work (sex only if he was attracted to the client).

About every 6 months I send him a small present 5000-7000 baht. I am not sure why. Maybe it makes me feel good about myself..maybe it reminds me of how special I sometime feel when I am with him (Maybe he makes many others feel the same way..but I no not think about that). Maybe I want to feel like a neo-colonialist.

He never asks for money and he never complains about how little money he has. We chat maybe once a month for a few days on messenger. Sending messages back and for then it sort of dies out. I ask how he is doing...is he busy..is he working. Sometime he says yes he is busy..sometimes he says very slow.

There are stories of farangs who send 10K+ baht a month to some ungrateful Thai bar boy or girl. I checked my western union history and over the last 2 years I have sent my friend 25K baht. Not alot of money.

Does anyone else have that kind of situation?
    If so I was curious about your motivations.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (September 14th, 2019), Dax (April 20th, 2018)

Liked

Re: Money for Boy's Rent..or some might say Money for Rent Boys

As long as you believe he's honest and genuine, then I applaud you for doing that. Although I take a fairly hard stance on this due to the modern age and technology, whether I like it or not, I have to admit I have a far higher earning potential simply due to where I was lucky enough to be born, and no real other reason.

So yeah, assuming your friend is genuine and honest, kudos to you for helping him out a bit. I'm sure he notices it far more than you do.

Liked

Yes .555
    I have known him for about 5 years, and we usually meet up when i am in Pattaya ..
    I have told him that we are not in a relationship as such, but i regard him as a friend now, and we talk a bit on Facebook.

I seem to end up sending him a couple of thousand Baht every month , when he tells me he has to pay for `Room` , and i do wonder how many others he has helping to pay for `Room ` 555 .

But i just think good luck to him if he has, because i don`t really miss the money , and it probably makes i big difference to him ..

I don`t add any more Thai friends on Facebook now though ..555

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (April 20th, 2018), francois (April 25th, 2018), Oliver2 (April 20th, 2018)

Liked

I am in the impression many boys in Pattaya have one or more farang sending money every month. Not sure about percentages, but you can be sure the most handsome have a free monthly income.

7. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (April 22nd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I've come across one such case in my twenty plus years....though obviously it's not something that the guys would admit. I'd be surprised if there are "many" or if, in the present climate, much enthusiasm for the practice among ageing falangs. It's also an expensive way to support a Thai. I now prefer to provide my partner with support in a cash lump-sum every three-month visit. Not something I'd recommend to anyone who doesn't know the recipient well.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I am in the impression many boys in Pattaya have one or more farang sending money every month. Not sure about percentages, but you can be sure the most handsome have a free monthly income.
    I bet there are a lot of "handsome" Thai boys receiving monthly hand outs from falangs?

10. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (April 23rd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    My impression is that the most financially successful boys (and girls) are the ones with the sweet tongues and who know how to use them to massage their farangs' egos. Those with the best looks tend to fall victim to their own egos.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    My impression is that the most financially successful boys (and girls) are the ones with the sweet tongues and who know how to use it to massage their farangs' egos. Those with the best looks tend to fall victim to their own egos.
    Like "My Granfather is ill in hospital". "I need books for school". "Can you buy me a motobike". "I need money to travel to see my sick mother". "I have to pay medical bill for my family". The list can go on and on!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    Like "My Granfather is ill in hospital". "I need books for school". "Can you buy me a motobike". "I need money to travel to see my sick mother". "I have to pay medical bill for my family". The list can go on and on!
    Uhm yeaahh but I suppose those are the more obvious lines that the less seasoned ones use? It's hard to explain "massaging the farang's ego". I saw it when I lived in Thailand. It involves inflating the farang's ego, making him feel grand, making him feel special and making him feel that he is better than other farangs. Then they make the farang feel guilty, jealous, vulnerable...before going for the kill... As it is the farangs who come to Thailand are already susceptible to these machinations, having been ignored, 'invisible' and unwanted back home.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Uhm yeaahh but I suppose those are the more obvious lines that the less seasoned ones use? It's hard to explain "massaging the farang's ego". I saw it when I lived in Thailand. It involves inflating the farang's ego, making him feel grand, making him feel special and making him feel that he is better than other farangs. Then they make the farang feel guilty, jealous, vulnerable...before going for the kill... As it is the farangs who come to Thailand are already susceptible to these machinations, having been ignored, 'invisible' and unwanted back home.
    I know what you mean. Put the farang in a position he can't or wouldn't say no to the boy?

Also another way of putting it, "making the farangs full in love with them". Then move in for the kill. Simple.