Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Restaurants

Liked

Re: Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Also, the metal chairs restaurant that is located on Second Raod between two Boyztown sois is excellent. It might prove particularly useful if you're not feeling 100 per cent. They have loads of smaller meals that are delicious and cost about 40-50 baht. The crispy pork with red sauce is a regular early hours snack. Crispy pork belly, rice, red sauce, boiled eggs, cucumber and a peppery broth, all for 45 baht.
    This is a Chinese food outlet. Agree the food is good and opens till late (wee hours).

I can also recommend Nam Sing (outside Royal Garden Plaza on 2nd road). Shark's fins are reasonably priced and delicious.

Food wave (on 3rd floor of Royal Garden Plaza) has many 'genres', Thai, Italian, Indian, Chinese, etc.

Liked

I'm hoping "Shark's Fins" is the name of a restaurant?

Please don't tell me you actually eat shark fins. If you do, then I really hope you're aware of the cruelty that goes into obtaining those fins.

Liked

Thanks! I have been calling those a sub soi for years, of course there would be a thai word for that - Duh!

Liked

I'm not sure it's Chinese Rolling Stone. The food is mainly Thai. On ocassions they do the vegetable chucky thing which can be entertaining.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The name of this Chinese (?) Restaurant with the tin chairs which you are talking about is Pakbung Loy Fah.

Not easily remembered as we have seen, so commonly known by some as the Tin/Metal Chairs!

A word of caution if you eat here. They add a Service Charge to the bill and I have had some of the waiters getting pushy for a tip.

Liked

"A Moo is an even smaller street off a Soi."

Sorry, no. A moo is a sub-division within a tambon. Example: XX/XX, Moo 12 of Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi. House number, sub-division, sub-district, district, province.

A sub-soi, usually numbered with a slash, like Saladaeng Soi 1/1, is a trok (ตรอก) but many people would just say soi.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 18th, 2018), christianpfc (April 26th, 2018)

Liked

Are any of the seafood restaurants on Walking Street any good? I know they're touristy, but sometimes I feel like acting like a tourist (I am one of course, but I have been to Thailand many times). How about the Pattaya Beer Garden, near the beginning of Walking Street? I think it's a place to pick up girls, but supposedly the food is good and inexpensive and the view of the water nice. Would I feel uncomfortable going there with a boy? Would he be uncomfortable? Grateful for any informed opinions.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I’ve been there with B/F it’s no problem. The views good, the drinks are ok. But you have to get there early to get a table.
    I didn’t eat.

Liked

This was nearly a decade ago, but I went to the Beer Garden with Kim lots, and never a problem. I can't remember eating there, but maybe we did. I think we usually just had some beers and shot pool.

No problems at all with the straight crowd though, at least not that I can remember.

Liked

I've been to a large seafood restaurant in Walking Street on the right hand side as you approach from Boyztown. My "friend" likes to eat there. You sit outside and have a wonderful views over the ocean. We've been there a number of times and the were lots of farsng/Thai "couples." Not a problem.

I usually stay away from seafood when I travel, especially in Asia, but this place is very popular with tourists so I figured it would be ok.

There is an enormous choice of dishes and is reasonably priced, but the lobster is way over-priced as it is aimed at the Chinese market.

Watch out for Chinese tour groups - they arrive there in large numbers and can be very loud. One night there was a huge commotion as a Chinese "superstar" arrived with his entourage and a camera crew. It was total mayhem as all the tourists crowded around to get their selfies with him. It was unbearable.

If I remember correctly the tour buses arrive around 7pm so if you avoid that time you'll have an enjoyable experience.