Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: First meetings

Forum's veteran
    Liked

First meetings

How many of us remember the first time we met our boyfriends?

For me, it was in 2003; I had "offed" P from Dreamboys (the Pattaya one) and, after I'd paid him the usual fee for a well-above average encounter, he went to the hotel door and paused. It seemed to me at the time to be for about thirty seconds but memory plays tricks. I recalled TS Eliot's line about "the stillness between two waves of the sea." That silence seemed significant; it was as if there was something left unsaid, an act not completed.

About six years later, P was discussing with me his Buddhist beliefs in the context of our relationship. He told me that Thais believe that two people who truly and deeply love each other may encounter each other in different lives but in very different circumstances. I was aware of the medieval Christian belief (perhaps heresy) of the transmigration of the soul and was able to relate to his belief, even if I couldn't accept it. I found it curiously reassuring.

I reminded P. of our first meeting and the silence and stillness that ended that encounter. "Do you believe that, when you stood at the door for so long, it was an indication that we'd met before, in a previous life?"
    "No," he said. "You paid me more than I was used to; I was waiting for you to arrange to see me again."

Fifteen years after that encounter, he retains the ability to keep my feet firmly on the ground.

2. 15 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 17th, 2018), aussie_ (April 17th, 2018), bobsaigon2 (April 16th, 2018), Brad the Impala (April 16th, 2018), christianpfc (April 21st, 2018), colmx (April 17th, 2018), francois (April 17th, 2018), GWMinUS (April 17th, 2018), kittyboy (April 17th, 2018), Robby (April 16th, 2018), Rolling Stone (April 17th, 2018), snotface (April 17th, 2018), splinter1949 (April 17th, 2018), TaoR (April 17th, 2018), Tintin (April 17th, 2018)

Liked

Re: First meetings

Mine wasn't as spiritual as yours. Went to sleep after sending a couple Line messages saying please wait a couple more days. Woke up to Line messages saying, "don't worry, I can come today, and am on my way".

That afternoon got a message saying he's lost. He tried to find my house on his own as he had my address, but couldn't, as I was tucked away pretty good. He stopped at a cafe, borrowed their wifi and sent me a bunch of photos of the surrounding area. I figured out where he was, just a 3 minute walk away, and went picked him up.

I told him I just wanted to be friends at first, but upon getting home he pushed me into the bedroom and rushed into sex for some reason. That sexual encounter was a total disaster, but the beginning of an amazing relationship.

Liked

Oliver, was the dreamboy then on the upstairs of the 'now' 360 bar?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Stone View Post
    Oliver, was the dreamboy then on the upstairs of the 'now' 360 bar?
    Dreamboys has always been in the same location from when I first visited Pattaya in 2001, upstairs from it was classic boys
    Upstairs over 360 was Dynamite at one stage, and I seem to remember a 4seasons and Python boys there at some stage too
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

6. User who gave Like to post:

Rolling Stone (April 17th, 2018)

No Platformed
    Liked

Some of us don't waste time with "boyfriends". Sex is for fun, not involvement.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Blacktouch (April 18th, 2018), gerefan2 (April 17th, 2018), Rolling Stone (April 17th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Some of us don't waste time with "boyfriends". Sex is for fun, not involvement.
    "I don't pay people for sex - I pay them to go home after sex"

who was it that used to use this in their footer on the forums? I always quite liked the concept!

bkkguy

10. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (April 20th, 2018)