Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel in BKK

Liked

Hotel in BKK

I mentioned the other day that I'm planning to come back after an illness. I have stayed in the Rose, the suriwongse and even the BBB. This time I was thnikning of the Tarntawan for a little more comfort and a good breakfast. However, as I look for reviews it seems to not appear on any Gay lists or online guides , even as a possible recommendation. I recall that it was very nice. Anyu reason why it is not being mentioned? I plan on a few days prior to and back from Pattaya just to break the travel time from Florida. Any ideas - Pattaya I always stay at the Ambience.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Hotel in BKK

Plennty here recently on the Tarntawan...

3. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (April 11th, 2018)

Liked

The Tartawan Surawong is still my choice every time I transit through Bangkok. It was sold not too long ago and suffered dor a time with a new manager who threw out all the gay guide magazines and made a lot of ill conceived decisions. He is now gone and th Hotel is recovering. Guests are still welcome and checked at the desk by the elevator. Most of the old staff is gone now but new staff seem to be OK. Just keep in mind the old girl is showing her age.

Liked

My last two visits to Bangkok, I stayed at "Bally's Studio Suites Silom". Now called "D Varee Diva Bally Silom". On the corner of Soi Si Lom 2 and Silom Road. Right next to Burger King and same Soi as Club DJ Station.

Within walking distance from the entertainment district, MRT Silom Station and Sala Daeng BTS Skytrain Station.

It includes a nice hot and cold eat as much as you like buffet breakfast.

I had no problem bring back guests (joiners) wink wink!

And when I've been to DJ Station, not far to walk (1 minute) back with my fun for the hour or so?

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 11th, 2018), DaveyJonesLocker (April 12th, 2018)

Liked

Thanks! I might imagine that my bad luck with seeing recommendations might have been due to the tenure of the now gone manager. Again, thanks

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Asia Traveler View Post
    Most of the old staff is gone now but new staff seem to be OK. Just keep in mind the old girl is showing her age.
    That's a most unkind slur on the old staff who remain.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJonesLocker View Post
    That's a most unkind slur on the old staff who remain.
    The “Old girl” I was referring to was the hotel building not the staff.

Liked

I suggest the Bangkok Banyan Tree Hotel.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    A very good recommendation, if I may so, arsenal, although a bit pricey. But paborn strikes me as one of our members who is fairly loaded and can therefore afford such luxury.

Although, I have never stayed at the hotel, I have eaten at two of their eight restaurants, the Saffron Thai restaurant on the 51st and 52nd floors and the Vertigo, alfresco roof top restaurant. In both cases, I suggest anyone planning on trying out these restaurants take a credit card, or stock up on Thai Baht before you go.

12. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 13th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The Bangkok Banyan Tree Hotel cost £401 for the 3 nights (Thursday to Sunday, Feb 2019) with Booking.com

As to where I stay, D Varee Diva Bally Silom, which charges £123 for the 3 nights on same dates.

But after all, the Bangkok Banyan Tree Hotel is a Luxury 5 star hotel. And the D Varee Diva Bally Silom being a 3 star.