Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Getting old

Liked

Re: Getting old

I wasn't talking to you Matt as I have no interest in your life, real or imagined. I was wondering why Gerefan2 was so pissed off about something that doesn't affect him at all.
    Last edited by arsenal; April 27th, 2018 at 06:19.

Liked

"4.) I now find myself fucking around with immigration lawyers in Vancouver to try and convince the Canadian government to simply process a passport application. According to the government this is a huge ask I guess, because my passport has more than 12 months validity on it."

Sorry, I must have missed something. Why do you need to renew your passport so early? The twelve month rule exists precisely because your government needs to hear a convincing answer to that.

Just in case you think that a fresh passport might get you back into Thailand, you've got some research to do. Two minutes spent on ThaiVisa.com will convince you that you'd be going from the frying pan to the fire.

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 27th, 2018)

Liked

I have that 5 year blacklist in my passport, plus my previous and new passports are now glued together, which looks really bad. It looks far worse than it actually is, but nonetheless, I can't travel on that passport, hence why I need a new one.

I have absolutely no desire to return to Thailand. I know I can't return until April 2023, and that's fine with me. I also know it probably wouldn't even matter if I changed my legal name, and got a new passport. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm suspecting the Thailand immigration IT department is smart enough than upon arriving, anyone with the same nationality and birth date as your passport states who is blacklisted is automatically displayed on the immigration officer's computer with photo. Either that, or simple facial recognition technology does the job, hence why you get your photo taken every time you cross the border.

Regardless, I don't want to enter Thailand again. I want to go to Laos and get my family back together.

This is apparently a large ask to get the Canadian government to simply process a new passport application. Can't just go to the passport office and explain my situation, because the 23 year old girl at the desk just brushes me off, says she can't help, and I get pushed aside because there's 40 other people in queue. So fine.... I'll put together an extra 0.5 inches thick of documentation, hire an immigration lawyer, fly to Vancouver, and visit the passport office in person with the lawyer. That's the best I can currently think of.

Thank fuck I don't happen to have brown skin, and my name isn't Mohammed, or shit could really be bad.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Call me crazy, but that fucken regulation doesn't seem like a very good reason to let my dogs die, and destroy mine and Leo's lives and futures.
    If this happens, you have full culpability. you're the one who put everyone in this position..

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (April 27th, 2018), Smiles (April 28th, 2018)

Liked

I'm totally bewildered..

after reading this.. a short intake of breath, as I reached for the smelling salts whilst clutching my pearls

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (April 28th, 2018), francois (April 27th, 2018)

Liked

Call me crazy...
    Oh Matt, do you have to make it so easy .. really?

Liked

Well I'd like to think I wouldn't have got myself into your situation Matt - but if I had, I'd just have said I'd lost my passport and the authorities (I assume) would be obliged to provide a new one unless they can demonstrate good reason to deny your request.

I think that by applying for a replacement while admitting you still have an existing one with 12 months validity on it, you've given them a stick to beat you with. They're asking themselves "Who does that, and why?"

11. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (April 28th, 2018)

Liked

Losing a passport is a big no-no. Damaging a passport isn't much better.

If I showed up with a lost passport, an investigation would be opened which could take months before they decide whether or not to go ahead and process my new passport application. I could have showed up with a damaged passport, but a little late now. I could be wrong, but am assuming they logged my previous visit, hence it'd look a tad suspicious. Not to mention, I don't exactly feel like getting charged with damaging the property of the federal government, which is what happens if they suspect you intentionally damaged your passport.

On top of that, I knew this regulation existed for the simplified rule process, but didn't think it existed for new passport applications which I have to use, as I'm not allowed to submit a renewal as that passport is limited validity for 2 years.

Doesn't matter, couple more days and I'll be in Vancouver to sort all this out. This will be fun. First time I've travelled alone blind like this.

Smiles, Surfcrest, you boys out there? You in Vancouver? I'll buy you dinner or give you some money if you let me borrow your eyes for a bit. heh, good times...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I wasn't talking to you Matt as I have no interest in your life, real or imagined. I was wondering why Gerefan2 was so pissed off about something that doesn't affect him at all.
    Because people deliberately overstaying, trying to deceive authorities, condoning others to overstay (husband) etc. etc., lead the authorities to introduce more burdensome rules that the rest of us (behaving properly) have to comply with.

A very simple example for you. If I had overstayed for 30 days instead of doing a border run I would, in the past, have been fined a minimal amount (or nothing) on departure. Not any more...these persistent over stayers have forced the Thai Authorities to introduce the current large fines.

Liked

Sorry, I have no interest in talking to someone who speaks/writes like a 5-year old.
    (To Wit: " ... losing a passport is a big no-no ... ").

Nor one who acts like a 5-yr old:
    (To Wit: " ... Thank fuck I don't happen to have brown skin, and my name isn't Mohammed, or shit could really be bad ... ")

I'm in the Okanagan now. Hopefully you are not.
    Last edited by Smiles; April 28th, 2018 at 02:53.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

15. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 4th, 2018)