Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Airline Food

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Airline Food

I don't think quality of the food has anything to do with which airline you fly with.

It all depends where the food is uploaded. London food is usually good. Bangkok food is consistently awful. Third world food...well...

The airlines often have no choice of caterer, there usually only being one.

I too tried the Vegetarian meal on Eva Air, thinking it would come quicker, be hotter and fresher. It was unspeakably terrible.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It's even worse when you chose a flight with a stop over and so end up getting fed twice and if you're unlucky "out of sync" with your usual meal cycle. I guess I could always say no thanks to one or both meals but I'm usually that hungry / bored that I end up eating both - and regretting it later on arrival the next day :-(

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Correct NIrish. Worst I had was eating before I left home, eating at Heathrow (Business Lounge) eating on the flight to Doha, eating at Doha (Business Lounge again) and eating on the flight to BKK.
    Didn’t eat afterwards for nearly a week!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Chuai-Duai View Post
    I always fly EVA and haven’t been impressed with their veggie meals and I’m very glad they’ve never tried to serve me any “snakes”. Not very keen on their snacks either.
    OMG. Oops sorry. Meant to type "Snacks", no "Snakes". You have me laughing like mad.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Yeah, I know about that.

I saw the movie!
    Lol.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Totally and exactly the same thing here on emirates via Dubai, felt so bloated and sore for days afterwards in Bkk. Actually I’ve finally learnt not to TRY and restrict my intake and likewise I also do the same with alcohol.

I used to happily swigg away at the free drink with glee until a fateful flight in the US where I overdid it with wine and a whole bottle of champagne to myself and boy did I die and learnt my lesson about drinking at altitude and now the hangovers just aren’t worth anymore it so I try to restrict myself to one or two G&Ts and maybe two small bottles of wine, one with dinner and one for afterwards whilst watching a movie, in-between I pop a nightol tablet and stick ear plugs in and that’s me good to sleep soundly until I land usually.

Liked

The time will come when airlines will start to charge you for meals on long hoult flights.

I read somewhere BA is thinking about doing this, as to cut down on waste etc. In fact I read it in their inflight mag on my last trip to Thailand back in December 2017.

I am guessing this is a way to save so much money. Wonder who will be the first airline to implement this?

Liked

Blacktouch wrote
    "I am guessing this is a way to save so much money. Wonder who will be the first airline to implement this?"

It's only going to get harder for the airlines as the big Chinese carriers move into their routes.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    The time will come when airlines will start to charge you for meals on long hoult flights.
    It is already happening. Air New Zealand offers Economy fares on at least some of its international routes that are "basic seat, no meal". Food is available for purchase on board from a limited menu. The larger the plane the more difficult the logistics become, with passengers scattered throughout the Economy cabin some having bought fares "with meal" and others not. As well, budget airlines such as Air Asia and Jetstar have standard Economy fares between Australia and Asia that allow you to purchase selected food in advance (when you buy the ticket) or on board (restricted menu) but do not have "meal included" as a ticket option as far as I know.

Liked

On Air Asia, a meal is included if you upgrade to value pack.
    Attached Images Attached Images