Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Airline Food

Liked

Re: Airline Food

I have as little to do with airline food as possible. Just the smell of it as other passengers dig gunk out of plastic containers makes me feel mildly nauseous. I was on a Thai Airways flight just yesterday. One peep under the foil at the ‘chicken sausages’ was enough and I hastily covered them up again. The croissant was rubbery but edible. The fruit pieces - a safe bet surely? - were wan and dry; back went the lid. The water was okay. When lunch arrived, hunger drove me to sample a roll containing a suspicious-looking slice of processed meat with pickled cucumber topping. It tasted okay but I knew there would be retribution and sure enough I arrived at my hotel in Perth with a badly out-of-sorts digestive system.

I dare say some airlines are better than others but I haven't found them yet. Travelling other than Economy class probably helps too. I'm too stingy to find out. My feeling is the plainer the plane food the better.

Liked

It was many years ago but Brunei Airlines served excellent food. But no alcohol.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    It was many years ago but Brunei Airlines served excellent food. But no alcohol.
    Is it true the loos are gold-plated?

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    More on topic though, I guess Gordon Ramsay will never eat airline food. I guess he worked as a chef (head chef?) for Singapore Airlines for a while, so knows full well how the food is prepared and stored, and due to that, refuses to eat it.
    I think you'll find he was a consultant chef. That is, he never touched the food, he just advised about what dishes might be suitable. Presumably you know the definition of a consultant? Someone who, when you ask him the time, puts his hand on your wrist, looks at your watch, tells you the time and then sends you a bill for the "advice".

Liked

Yes, consultant work is great. All you have to do is talk to people, maybe write some documentation here and there, and they give you good money in exchange. Works great!

6. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (April 10th, 2018)

No Platformed
    Liked

For some inexplicable reason the Thai food served on Thai Airways out of Bangkok is generally worse than the Thai food prepared by third-party caterers for inbound flights. I generally use Singapore Airlines' Book The Cook service and find it ok.

Liked

I usually fly United Polaris Business from USA. The food for my taste is unpredictable. Sometimes great sometimes terrible. On my last flight to Japan the FA saw I did not eat the food and replaced it with another selection which I did eat. After getting a tip on Flyer Talk Forum United Polaris thread I now always order the fish which is consistently good (so far).

Liked

Flown with EVA Air direct flight from London Heathrow to Bangkok Oct 2016.

As it was a direct flight for 11 hours, we got two hot meals, plus snakes during the flight.

One of the meals was still cold inside. I just recovered the foil lid and left it. I did not complain, as I knew I had nice Thai food to look forward too. I just ate the other things on the tray.

Apart from one of the cold meals, everything else about the flight was nice.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    Flown with EVA Air direct flight from London Heathrow to Bangkok Oct 2016.

As it was a direct flight for 11 hours, we got two hot meals, plus snakes during the flight.
    I always fly EVA and haven’t been impressed with their veggie meals and I’m very glad they’ve never tried to serve me any “snakes”. Not very keen on their snacks either.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    ... plus snakes during the flight.
    Yeah, I know about that.

I saw the movie!