Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Airline Food

Liked

Airline Food

Just out of interest, how many of you like or dislike airline food?

Which Airlines do you think serves the best food?

I myself, do like the plane food and look forward to it.
    I think Emirates and Qatar Airways offer nice food!

Liked

Re: Airline Food

Well, my last travel was Bangkok -> South Korea -> Vancouver.

First leg was great with a nice beef curry. I was in jail for the few days proceeding that though, so no wonder it tasted good.

Second leg to Vancouver sucked. The stewardess came over, and proceeded to tell me she can't serve me food because I'm an "exported criminal", hence can't be trusted with utensils. She tried to come up with a solution and said she was thinking of a coriander rice they have, but then asked me, "but what do you eat rice with?". I confusingly answered, "I don't know, a spoon?" to which she said, "yeah, see, I can't give you a spoon". I was pissed.

Liked

Second leg to Vancouver sucked. The stewardess came over, and proceeded to tell me she can't serve me food because I'm an "exported criminal", hence can't be trusted with utensils. She tried to come up with a solution and said she was thinking of a coriander rice they have, but then asked me, "but what do you eat rice with?". I confusingly answered, "I don't know, a spoon?" to which she said, "yeah, see, I can't give you a spoon". I was pissed.
    What, are you joking? For real
    Last edited by christianpfc; April 24th, 2018 at 20:23. Reason: add code for opening quotation

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Well, my last travel was Bangkok -> South Korea -> Vancouver.

First leg was great with a nice beef curry. I was in jail for the few days proceeding that though, so no wonder it tasted good.

Did this really happened?
    What Airline was this?
    What did you eat in the end?

Liked

Please don't destroy every thread Matt.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    Did this really happened?
    What Airline was this?
    What did you eat in the end?

Korean Airlines. For some reason, IDC would only allow me to leave if I had a flight booked with either Korean or Japan Airlines. Something to do with me flying alone, not sure.

Second leg I didn't eat. She tried to figure out something for me, but I just got pissed off and said don't worry about it. My mom had a ham and cheese sandwich from Tim Horton's waiting for me when I gout out of the Vancouver airport, so I had that.

No idea. First leg was fine, and I got served proper silverware. Second leg they refused me food service.
    a

Liked

If I was hungry, I would have still asked for my food and use bread and my hands to eat it. Don't mess with me and food!

Liked

More on topic though, I guess Gordon Ramsay will never eat airline food. I guess he worked as a chef (head chef?) for Singapore Airlines for a while, so knows full well how the food is prepared and stored, and due to that, refuses to eat it.

Liked

Trying my best to ignore Cdnmatt's whining and never-ending "It's-all-about-me" fetish . . .
    ------------------------------------------------
    Best food by a mile was on China Southern (biz class). Their Premium Economy was very good as well.
    Economy on Korean Air is iffy ... I've had excellent food with them sometimes, and mediocre also.
    China Airlines (Taiwan) is nothing to write home about, and twice I've not eaten what was put in front of me.

Aside: besides the food Korean Air also has the best leg room in B-777 Economy. Seats on their Airbus 330's (Bangkok --Incheon) are even more roomy.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

10. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (April 10th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    Just out of interest, how many of you like or dislike airline food?

Which Airlines do you think serves the best food?

I myself, do like the plane food and look forward to it.
    I think Emirates and Qatar Airways offer nice food!
    For 10 or more years, Blacktouch, I travelled with Qatar Airlines, mostly in Business Class and enjoyed the food and the service. I cannot recall having any problems or reason to complain.

But then Qatar increased their fares, which I found unacceptable, so for the last two years I have been flying from the UK to Thailand, via Dubai, with Emirates in Business Class and am very pleased with their food and level of service.

I have never had any complaints with Emirates regarding their food or in-flight service, but on my return flight to London Heathrow last year, my suitcase was not loaded on to the London bound flight at Dubai. But the upside was that I did not have to lug my heavy suitcase on and off the London Underground, so not really a complaint, more like a minor irritation.

12. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (April 10th, 2018)