Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best information site

Liked

Re: Best information site

It is understandable that Arsenal was confused with similar spellings.

Pavlova (food) - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlova_(food)
    Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. It is a meringue dessert with a crisp crust and soft, light inside, usually topped with fruit and whipped cream. The name is pronounced /pævˈloʊvə/, or like the name of the dancer, which was /ˈpɑːvləvə/. The dessert is believed to have ...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Oh there will be a right old how-de-do when françois reads your post arsenal. Mark my words, we'll never hear the end of it.
    still one must be able to see the good side of someone that would prefer to deal with the crème de la crème and crème brûlée rather than palaver and pavlova

bkkguy

Liked

Francois. If you fancy a gorgeous English pudding I recommend one of these.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/gu...itish-desserts

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    fuss, commotion, trouble, rigmarole, folderol
    Thank you Francois for this list, I shall immediately put to use at least one -- perhaps more -- of those choices, at the appropriate moment, to describe in some obscure fashion the hither and thither nonsensicals of the esteemed member named Cndmatt. That should be fun.

I must admit to having opened the dictionary regarding the word "folderol". If I've ever used that one it was before the onset of my Half-Brained Era (circa 2003. No-Brained Era approaching fast).
    I did hit the jackpot though when it came to synonyms for that particular word, and will be happy when using all of them regarding you-know-who: for instance ... "Criminal background checks"

balderdash, baloney (also boloney), beans, bilge, blarney, blather, bosh, bull [slang], bunk, bunkum (or buncombe), claptrap, drivel, folly, foolishness, fudge, hogwash, hokeypokey, hokum, hooey, humbug, humbuggery, jazz, malarkey (also malarky), moonshine, nonsense, piffle, poppycock, rot, rubbish, senselessness, ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    still one must be able to see the good side of someone that would prefer to deal with the crème de la crème and crème brûlée rather than palaver and pavlova

bkkguy
    Most definitely bkkguy, I could not agree more, especially where françois is concerned. He is a member whom I meet for dinner and bar-hopping (or a pub crawl as we would say in the UK) on a regular basis. And he is someone I shall miss greatly when I depart these shores next week and head off home.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Thank you Francois for this list, I shall immediately put to use at least one -- perhaps more -- of those choices, at the appropriate moment, to describe in some obscure fashion the hither and thither nonsensicals of the esteemed member named Cndmatt. That should be fun.

I must admit to having opened the dictionary regarding the word "folderol". If I've ever used that one it was before the onset of my Half-Brained Era (circa 2003. No-Brained Era approaching fast).

I did hit the jackpot though when it came to synonyms for that particular word, and will be happy when using all of them regarding you-know-who: for instance ... "Criminal background checks"

balderdash, baloney (also boloney), beans, bilge, blarney, blather, bosh, bull [slang], bunk, bunkum (or buncombe), claptrap, drivel, folly, foolishness, fudge, hogwash, hokeypokey, hokum, hooey, humbug, humbuggery, jazz, malarkey (also malarky), moonshine, nonsense, piffle, poppycock, rot, rubbish, senselessness, ...
    And thank you Smiles via françois for providing a veritable feast of folderol synonyms that I am sure we can all put to good use on the forum, but in a non-acidic comment sort of way, of course, so as to conform with the forum rules.

Now, I wonder which of the above synonyms will be used to reply to this post?

6. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 9th, 2018)

Liked

Dear Jelly,
    For some reason I rather doubt that this board's posting rules include the wielding of "acidic" words or grammar. A good thing too, as my middle name is 'Acidic'! And wield we shall, with glee.

Too bad I am in Canada right now and will not be back in Hua Hin until early May. I'd be glad to get down in a "menage a trois" with you and Francois (AKA "The Acidic Frog").
    He's been begging me to do so for years.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

8. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 9th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Francois. If you fancy a gorgeous English pudding I recommend one of these.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/gu...itish-desserts
    Little wonder that you Brits have such awful teeth.

10. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (April 9th, 2018)

Liked

. . . A good thing too, as my middle name is 'Acidic'! And wield we shall, with glee . . .
    Naturally, I can only speak for myself, Smiles, and not the other members, but I don’t think I would expect anything less from you, and if the day ever comes that you forget your middle name is ‘Acidic’ then we will surely know that your . . .

. . . No-Brained Era . . .
    Had finally and sadly arrived, but I hope that day is a long way off in coming.

. . .Too bad I am in Canada right now and will not be back in Hua Hin until early May. I'd be glad to get down in a "menage a trois" with you and Francois (AKA "The Acidic Frog").
    He's been begging me to do so for years.
    Meet you Smiles? Oh my! The very thought of it turns me into a quivering Jelly, which, if we ever met, would soon be reduced to a gooey mess of liquid Jelly under the onslaught of that well known acidic tongue of yours.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I fort palava woz a desert made wiv merang creme und strawbrees an a syllable is a bit like a moose.
    There is an area of Prague called: I.P. Pavlova. Better than peeing kidney stones but still bloody painful.

Liked

For the curious minded:

I. P. Pavlova is a Prague Metro station on Line C. It is in the Vinohrady district of Prague. Above the station is I. P. Pavlov Square, which is named after Russian physiologist Ivan Petrovich Pavlov. Wikipedia

14. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (April 12th, 2018)