Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happened to the Howard in soi 17

Liked

Whatever happened to the Howard in soi 17

I was asked about this hotel by a friend that stayed there years ago, after I returned home.
    All I could remember was the new owner had built across the soi, a new building that exceeded his permission to build, and was forced to pull that down and Howards.
    To be frank I had not been asked before I left but remember a new building being demolished which probably was it.
    What was Howards had ground floor shops and as I was not interested, took no further notice.
    My friend was angry that I did not come back with answers. Maybe somebody can fill this in and suggest the next step for Howards.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Whatever happened to the Howard in soi 17

I took thispic a few weeks ago. It’s the illegally high hotel opposite Howard’s. I’m not sure if Howard’s was demolished but I doubt it.

I again ask the moderators to sort out the pics which rarely appear the right way up. No wonder people rarely post them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You're right gerefan that this issue has been happening for long time, if case it's of use ( and I'm not saying this is accurate just merely reposting the reply I got when it happened one of my pics posted back in June last year) - Yraen posted the following as a suggestion. Personally I doubt that this is either the cause of the fix of the issue but I'll post it none the less in case it DOES help or work - and perhaps Moses can comment thereafter on his thoughts re that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    @ Nirish. #5

You are correct. The "sideways thing" comes about from the pix being that way on your computer.
    You don't see that normally because your photo Viewer is smart enough to detect (mostly) the "right way up" and display it properly.

You can fix that if you are interested enough. Download and install something like IrfanView or any other good graphics manager. Then go through your pix, rotate them to the 'upright' position, flip them upside down and Save, then flip then upright and Save. That'll fix it. Then when you upload the pix they will display correctly.

Take care.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I’m not interested enough to flip thousands of pics over and over!! I will wait for the mods to flip the odd one!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My thoughts exactly and ( no offence Yrean) I really doubt that's the cause of the problem anyway even if it is a quick fix ? Also I've uploaded pics from here where it's happened and used the same pics elsewhere where it hasn't so that would lead me to conclude it probably more an update of some kind maybe needed on this software - but I seem to recall Moses saying something to the effect that this is / will be as good as it gets so I guess that might put the ball back in the posters camp - leading to most saying "to bad I just won't bother posting so many pics then " which is sad. Moses - any thoughts ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Managed,somehow, to rotate it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (April 8th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Out of interest did you do as Yrean suggested and it worked ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No, I turned my pic the reverse of how it appeared then tried to repost it, but that didn’t work.
    So I messed with it until I lost track of what I did and it came the right way up!
    Hence I said I managed,somehow, to rotate it.

Liked

I suspect that if one takes the picture with the phone.in the upright position then when posted here the picture looks sideways. Every picture I've posted here has been taken with the phone sideways and it's never been a problem. But this is just a theory.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Every picture I've posted here has been taken with the phone sideways and it's never been a problem. But this is just a theory.
    I have just submitted two pics taken with my phone one taken upright and one sideways. Sure enough only the sideways one appeared correctly.

I then did the same with pics taken on my iPad...same result..

Well done Arsenal. Now all the management need to do is publish it, so we all know.