Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you miss most?

Banned
    Liked

What do you miss most?

I've lurked a lot but never registered, so I'm almost a virgin member. My question is "What things do you miss most from your home country when you are in Thailand?"

Mine are quite simple - Google Pay (used to be Android Pay) or/and Apple Pay. So convenient.

Liked

Re: What do you miss most?

First time I've been in Canada in nearly 9 years, and two things come to mind so far:

1.) Ability to handle business in English -- banking, phone service, etc.
    2.) Comfort food. Perogies, mac and cheese, chip drip, and things like that.

That's about it though. Aside from that, I can't wait to get back to Asia, and am counting the days.

3. User who gave Like to post:

bithy (April 7th, 2018)

Liked

As an American, I would add cheap cars and law enforcement.

5. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 7th, 2018)

Liked

The comforts of home, my car and going out to dinner with friends to try new foods.

Liked

As with a447, driving my car! There is also free medical care at home including prescriptions. I do have insurance here in Thailand but have to pay first and collect later.

And, of course, inexpensive, good wine which is non-existent in Thailand.

Liked

Welcome to the forum bithy. I'm glad to see you've made the transition from being a lurker to a member. Hopefully, other lurkers will see how easy it is to make the switch and follow your example by becoming a member.

You ask what members miss the most when in Thailand. Well, I'm usually never out here for more than 6 months, but on this occasion, it's a short 3 month trip. So I always know that it won’t be long before I return. But I always miss my apartment in the UK, although having said that, within the last few weeks, I’ve began the process of selling it and intend moving into a new build house later in the year. I'm sure, in time, I'll miss my new house just as much.

I also miss friends and family.

But the strange thing is, that after a few months back in the UK, I start to miss my friends in Thailand, the warm weather and, of course, the lovely Thai boys. But I'm very lucky, because I know it won't be long before I'm back for another 3 or 6 month stopover in Thailand.

Then, of course, the whole cycle repeats itself.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bithy (April 8th, 2018), DaveyJonesLocker (April 8th, 2018)

Liked

Same for me. But I miss nothing when in Thailand because I'm only away for two or three weeks at a time, and know I will be back home in the UK not to long.

But once back home, I miss the weather, food, beach and not least, having fun with the boys in Thailand.

Maybe this question is best suited to those who go to Thailand for months at a time, rather than a few weeks?

Can't wait for my next trip!

Then as Jelly bean said, the whole cycle repeats itself.

Liked

This will sound ridiculous but the only thing I miss is the looking forward to my next trip to Thailand. The avid reading of every forum for news on bars and boys etc etc.

Liked

Proper Cadbury Chocolate (Not that Crap Malaysian & Australian version of Cadbury Mockolate that they sell in Thailand!)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Proper Cadbury Chocolate (Not that Crap Malaysian & Australian version of Cadbury Mockolate that they sell in Thailand!)
    Sorry to disappoint you, but Cadbury "chocolate" has nothing to do with chocolate. Wherever it comes from it is made with palm oil . And that is a big no-no for real chocolate.