Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you miss most?

Liked

Re: What do you miss most?

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    " ...Then just fire off a quick e-mail to Leo, and everything magically appeared in my kitchen later that afternoon.That was quite nice actually. Can't wait to do it again.
    Probably a long wait depending on which country's jail you will soon be incarcerated in ... Thailand, Laos or Canada. (Probably more we don't know of).

-- Tim Horton chocolate dip donuts.
    -- Canadian redneck sports bars at 10pm during the hockey playoffs. Priceless.
    -- Curling on TV.
    -- Polite drivers ( most of the time).
    -- Politeness ANYWHERE! In Canada the guy who gets knocked to the sidewalk says "sorry" to the dude who kicked him down.
    -- Anyone from Newfoundland who speaks "Viking".
    -- The Okanagan at 23C in late September. Shimmering.
    -- Laughing out loud at anything Trump -- to the south -- does or says. We always end that with "What a fucking moron he is". Then (rightly so) we feel superior.
    -- Rick Mercer.
    -- Stanley Park, Vancouver.

(There's more.)
    Last edited by Smiles; April 12th, 2018 at 23:44.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Probably a long wait depending on which country's jail you will soon be incarcerated in ... Thailand, Laos or Canada. (Probably more we don't know of).

Yeah, that's what the Canadian customs officer thought when I was pulled into secondary too. He was absolutely convinced there was no way a country would be so harsh as to blacklist you for 5 years just for an overstay, and there must be more to it. Tried explaining to him that it's a military dictatorship who seemingly refuses to hold elections, and the general seems quite xenophobic, but he wasn't buying it.

Well, whatever. Sorry, I'm blind, so I don't really get to have secrets anymore in life.

Liked

Well, whatever. Sorry, I'm blind ...
    Do you have any feel for how old and musty that quote has become? Even for those who actually believe you.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 21st, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Do you have any feel for how old and musty that quote has become? Even for those who actually believe you.
    If you throw enough shit, some will stick.

Liked

With all due respect Smiles, "old and musty" could describe a considerable number of the esteemed membership here.

Banned
    Liked

As I've said (often) Matt is a needy millenial. How many threads has he disrupted wittering on and on about himself, his blindness, Leo and those damn dogs!? Speaking of dogs, his behaviour is a bit like a dog padding around his neighbourhood, "marking" his territory. At least he now seems to have come to his senses and realised courtesy of one of our other posters that being admitted to Laos may not be the lay down misere he's assumed to date.

Liked

Davy wrote. (about Matt)
    "How many threads has he disrupted.?"

Who doesn't love the irony?

9. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (April 13th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yeah, that's what the Canadian customs officer thought when I was pulled into secondary too. He was absolutely convinced there was no way a country would be so harsh as to blacklist you for 5 years just for an overstay, and there must be more to it. Tried explaining to him that it's a military dictatorship who seemingly refuses to hold elections, and the general seems quite xenophobic, but he wasn't buying it.

Well, whatever. Sorry, I'm blind, so I don't really get to have secrets anymore in life.
    You do the time.. you do the crime!

Liked

Interesting discussion:

Unfortunately, I have never spent more than a month at a time in Thailand, so I do not really miss anything about anywhere when I am in Thailand.

Moreover, I have lived most of my life outside of Switzerland [I still use a Swiss passport]; and most outside of Europe.

What would I miss if I had the opportunity to live in Thailand for a long time? The change of seasons? A beautiful snowy day? Skiing in the Swiss Alps?

Liked

werner, just where do you spend your time if not in Thailand, Switzerland or Europe?