List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: where are all the young motor bike taxi drivers gone?

Liked

Re: where are all the young motor bike taxi drivers gone?

"I don't believe it" whined Wombles. An almost eerily apposite phrase for him to use.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Meldrew

Forum's veteran
    Liked

mmm...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Another off topic posting by Arsenal, nothing to do with the subject. even less the reference
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    Another off topic posting by Arsenal, nothing to do with the subject. even less the reference
    I think you are failing to consider arsenal's situation. I don't read what he posts these days, but from what you and NIrish are reporting, together with arsenal no longer being a Moderator, have you considered that he is suffering from Relevance Deprivation Syndrome? There are plenty of articles online about it.

Liked

I'll have a hotdog with all the trimmins' and the guy on the right. Both to go.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Agreed, totally against the laws of physics and completely unbalances the bike
    The "grab handles" on the back of the bike are for manoeuvring a bike into and out of a parking position and are absolutely not meant for use in transit.... Its certainly something you will never see a Thai doing.
    I have seen Thais using the grab handles; and for me that is the way I do it.
    Maybe I will try something different the next time?

Speaking of the laws of physics (my degree is in Physics) I cannot understand how those women remain perched on the saddle while riding side-saddle and not holding on to anything or anyone except for their smart phone?

Liked

In a likely situation when the passenger is rather podgy, simultaneously holding the grab handles while shifting his weight will cause a shift in the centre of gravity and can affect the driver's control of the machine.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    ... I cannot understand how those women remain perched on the saddle while riding side-saddle and not holding on to anything or anyone except for their smart phone?
    A part of their anatomy probably acts a bit like a suction cup!

9. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 12th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheBarbarian View Post
    I have to say Francois, I would never use the grab handles at the back. When you do that you are leaning back when the driver is leaning forward or to the side, and if he jerks the wheel suddenly you could be knocked off, with very little chance to hold on due to the fact that (because of the laws of physics) the further you are away from the drivers core, the easier it is to be flung off.

Those back grab handles always strikes me as deathly dangerous (especially if you are heavier than the driver, as i most certainly am).

I always grip the driver tightly around the waist when I get on a motorbike taxi . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Agreed, totally against the laws of physics and completely unbalances the bike
    The "grab handles" on the back of the bike are for manoeuvring a bike into and out of a parking position and are absolutely not meant for use in transit . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    In a likely situation when the passenger is rather podgy, simultaneously holding the grab handles while shifting his weight will cause a shift in the centre of gravity and can affect the driver's control of the machine.
    Ah-ha! Well thank you RonanTheBarbarian, colmx and dinagam for confirming and adding extra authority to my comment that:

"Originally Posted by Jellybean
    I simply would not trust the grab handles.

It would never occur to me to use the grab handles, they just look an unsafe way to sit and secure oneself as a passenger on a motorbike, especially when I have problems with my balance. The least sudden movement or abrupt turn of the wheel and, in all probability, and knowing my luck, I would be knocked off the bike with tragic results.

So taking into account the advice already proffered, I shall continue with my campaign to find a suitably handsome motorbike driver, whose waist I can wrap my hands around, but with his consent of course.

11. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (April 12th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Ah-ha! Well thank you RonanTheBarbarian, colmx and dinagam for confirming and adding extra authority to my comment that:

"Originally Posted by Jellybean
    I simply would not trust the grab handles.

It would never occur to me to use the grab handles, they just look an unsafe way to sit and secure oneself as a passenger on a motorbike, especially when I have problems with my balance. The least sudden movement or abrupt turn of the wheel and, in all probability, and knowing my luck, I would be knocked off the bike with tragic results.

So taking into account the advice already proffered, I shall continue with my campaign to find a suitably handsome motorbike driver, whose waist I can wrap my hands around, but with his consent of course.

Those of you who travel on motorcycles either as rider or passenger have my undying admiration. Not quite as much admiration as for the office girls who ride side-saddle while in their mini-skirt, though.