Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phuket Dilemma.

Liked

Phuket Dilemma.

I have a dilemma. I'm thinking about a three day jolly to Phuket in May. Three days is enough as after that it becomes a little boring. My dilemma is this. I want to stay at the Paradise Hotel as I love it's location and the view is fantastic. However, their website says they charge 1000 baht for joiners which is outrageous. Suggestions welcomed.

Liked

Re: Phuket Dilemma.

Two of several alternatives :
    1. Book a room for three or four. Line up all the boys for checking in. Make sure they have valid id's.
    2. Book room for individual night separately. Check in as above.

Have a fun trip.

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 5th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Paradise used to be dominated by Chinese tour groups....has that changed? I agree that three days is plenty.

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 5th, 2018)

Liked

If it is the case then I'll certainly give it a miss. Or at least avoid breakfast.

Liked

The 1000 baht for joiners would mean I avoid them on principle. If I'm paying for a double room, there should be no extra fees.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 6th, 2018), christianpfc (April 7th, 2018), searcher (April 6th, 2018)

Liked

Where does their website show the joiners fee? I can't find it.

http://www.royalparadise.com

10. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 6th, 2018)

Liked

You're right Bucknaway. I can't find it either now but it was definitely there because I e-mailed them about it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If you must stay in the Paradise Complex (chaq'un a son gout) and are prepared to accept basic but clean accommodation and facilities then Rendez-vous may fit the bill. It has the distinction of serving the best coffee and croissants I've ever had in Thailand (come to think of it, the only decent croissants) and though situated in the middle of the Complex, it's quiet. It's a gay guest house and is French-owned (or was when we were there five years ago) and very economical. However, five years is a long time in hotel management....

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 6th, 2018), christianpfc (April 7th, 2018), francois (April 6th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I have a dilemma. I'm thinking about a three day jolly to Phuket in May. Three days is enough as after that it becomes a little boring. My dilemma is this. I want to stay at the Paradise Hotel as I love it's location and the view is fantastic. However, their website says they charge 1000 baht for joiners which is outrageous. Suggestions welcomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    If you must stay in the Paradise Complex (chaq'un a son gout) and are prepared to accept basic but clean accommodation and facilities then Rendez-vous may fit the bill. It has the distinction of serving the best coffee and croissants I've ever had in Thailand (come to think of it, the only decent croissants) and though situated in the middle of the Complex, it's quiet. It's a gay guest house and is French-owned (or was when we were there five years ago) and very economical. However, five years is a long time in hotel management....
    It's a few years since I've stayed at Rendezvous too, but enjoyed it ok when I did, last stays in the Complex were at Sundowners which had a couple of large rooms with balcony. But last trip in Oct last year we stayed outside the Complex just along the road at C&N Hotel as recommended by Colmx and found it ideal. Big VIP room was excellent with balcony at about Bt1100 per night (Oct low season rate) couple minutes walk to Complex.

Like Oliver, we found 3/4 days fine for short trip even with hired car (at airport) for getting around day time. It had been a while since we had visited Patong and thoroughly enjoyed a quick break there, and will return later this year. Reasonable flight times and cost on Thaismileair from Suvarnabhumi. Yes Paradise Hotel and Complex had throngs of Chinese coming and going but they begin to fade into the background after a while.

Would definitely recommend a short trip to Phuket for Arsenal, still worth the effort in my view.

Liked

Thanks for the replies everyone. Paradise Hotel never got back to me regarding joiner fees so I'm still undecided.