List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boyztown Pattaya Oscars Bar no more.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Boyztown Pattaya Oscars Bar no more.

Oscars bar beer, a popular boy bar facing Boyzboyzboyz bites the dust.
    Last night was final night. Large sign advising for rent or sale. Unfortunately another dark spot.
    Rent increase was final blow.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Boyztown Pattaya Oscars Bar no more.

I see you also posted this on gaybutton so I say the same here in reply....

“It does surprise me that many places,at that far end of the Soi which were so badly affected by the roadworks, are still open. Some had virtually no customers for weeks on end, and in high season too. Perhaps these are on the brink?”

Although Oscars, as we know it, may be closed I’m sure someone will take over the premises. It has swapped hands many, many times over the years.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I see you also posted this on gaybutton so I say the same here in reply....

“It does surprise me that many places,at that far end of the Soi which were so badly affected by the roadworks, are still open. Some had virtually no customers for weeks on end, and in high season too. Perhaps these are on the brink?”

Although Oscars, as we know it, may be closed I’m sure someone will take over the premises. It has swapped hands many, many times over the years.
    Businesses closing because of greedy venue owners putting up the rent or leases?

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 4th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    Businesses closing because of greedy venue owners putting up the rent or leases?
    That has to be a first! LOL

But given its prime location they shouldn't have much trouble renting it out again.

Unless, of course, the soi is up for redevelopment and Boyztown bites the dust.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That corner- Oscar's, Serene, Panorama- has always been my favourite part of Pattaya. Even in the grimmest of low seasons, it has maintained a degree of "buzz" and many are the times I've enjoyed a late-night drink there watching the the life of the soi. Oscar's has usually had innovative owners; I remember David's refurbishment and later, the attempt to keep it open in the afternoons . These owners tried hard and, in my view, were rewarded by some loyal customers.
    Evidently not enough, and now we have two Boyztown institutions closed, one at each end. I hope a447 is right and the bar re-opens quickly.

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    But given its prime location they shouldn't have much trouble renting it out again.
    so we all know the final swan song always takes forever to play out but you can hear the fat lady warming up in the wings, so who - apart from the delusional building owner - would still consider this a prime location? I only ask because I have this bridge I am sure they would be interested in buying

bkkguy

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    and now we have two Boyztown institutions closed, one at each end. I hope a447 is right and the bar re-opens quickly.
    They may be two institutions but to compare them is like comparing chalk and cheese. One is just a small bar, the other is a bar, restaurant, and hotel with dozens of rooms.

My guess is it will be far easier to re-let Oscars and as A447 says, this could happen relatively quickly. Cafe Royale is another matter entirely...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    so who - apart from the delusional building owner - would still consider this a prime location?

bkkguy
    Me ...so that’s a few of us on here! I have no idea what the rest of your post means.

11. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 5th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    ...so who - apart from the delusional building owner - would still consider this a prime location?

bkkguy
    Oh, come on, bkkguy - these days any business catering to the pink dollar in Thailand which is surrounded by other businesses with their lights on must surely be considered a prime location!

And don't forget, it's situated right across the soi from Boyzboyzboyz, one of the two most popular boy bars in Thailand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Oh, come on, bkkguy - these days any business catering to the pink dollar in Thailand which is surrounded by other businesses with their lights on must surely be considered a prime location!
    so the owners of Oscars who do not consider it a license to print money in the current environment are just incompetent businessmen? along with all the the other venues in the area that have closed, changed hands or changed format (not necessarily successfully), or are just failing to attract the clientele they used to attract? or am I the only one that has noticed this on every visit to Boyztown in the last few years?

we all know how to make a small fortune running a bar in Pattaya (start with a large fortune) so I am sure someone will follow your advice and snap up this gem - perhaps they could call it the Ostrich and install a sand pit in the back office

bkkguy