Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Nursing Home or Home with Private Nurse/Helpers

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Nursing Home or Home with Private Nurse/Helpers

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    For Scottys departure post go to The Feedback Forum (another hiding place) and read from post 11 onwards in the Useless Crap thread.

Who is our new Mod???
    Do we REALLY need one as we seemingly have two already - plus Moses seems to be doing most of the moving posts around to suit himself anyway so yet another Mod is probably the LAST thing this board needs just now as it recovers from Arsenals worst efforts.

And as for SG "departing" perhaps I'm reading his post incorrectly but I read it more as a question to Moses i.e "CAN my posts be deleted" ( i.e not 'will you" but more of a "can you?" question ) where it seems he was then told "no they can't / won't be moved " and to that then it seems he replied with something along the lines of "well bugger that then but from now on I intend to post a LOT less IF at all.

So to me that was a "I'm not posting much anymore unless I chose to or something changes or you pair wise the hell up basically". Perhaps as our unesteemed ex-Mod HAS now hung up his Mod's wand SG will reconsider, personally I hope so, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he continued to say "bollocks to the lot of it" as a long standing member here after his treatment here and I think he'd be well within his rights.

No doubt the management will disagree with that both about that and re my post in general - but hey no surprises there then eh !

SG's ( abridged) but exact words ( for the record and for fear I be accused of misquoting him) were -
    "I sent Moses a PM yesterday .... asking if I could be deleted from this forum and all my posts removed. ........ I was told it's not policy. So, since I cannot be deleted I'm afraid you will just have to put up with my existing posts in perpetuity - but as for any new posts, they will be very few and far between indeed - if at all"

To me that's fairly clear, he hasn't quit, he's just merely lost the will to live with the current managements direction - a common enough feeling these days it seems - no matter what they seem or want to believe.

Now, before we get too off track how we'd better return to the thread in hand perhaps and or move this portion of thread to elsewhere ( as it will be moved shortly anyway no doubt)
    Last edited by Nirish guy; April 6th, 2018 at 02:20.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Meaning, that any answer, however frivolous, is better than no answer? But again, on this forum anything goes especially by our moderators (exception of Christian) who seem to have zero idea of the duties of a real moderator.
    That's a bit rich from someone who posted an off-topic comment; viz,

They speak English in Scotland?
    If that is not "frivolous," what is?

Should the "real moderator" delete your comment in line with his "duties"?

Quel hypocrite!
    Last edited by a447; April 6th, 2018 at 03:31.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Ah, so you think arsenal's avatar looks like a door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman, DaveyJonesLocker? My image of a door-to-door salesman is an Arthur Daley type (as played by the British actor, George Cole) wearing a Trilby hat, a cheap ill-fitting suit and smoking a Castella Panatella cigar. Not someone wearing a Bowler hat.
    You are, of course, absolutely correct Jelly, old bean. arsenal as Arfur Daley is much more appropriate.

4. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (April 6th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Meaning, that any answer, however frivolous, is better than no answer? But again, on this forum anything goes especially by our moderators (exception of Christian) who seem to have zero idea of the duties of a real moderator.
    Obviously you have absolutely no idea how a Forum like this works from an owner's perspective. It's all about "hits" which persuade the advertisers that this is a popular site. New content is what leads to "hits". The more hits, the higher the popularity, the greater the potential revenue. Relevance is irrelevant. Any answer, however frivolous, is definitely better than no answer from an owner's perspective. Therefore, from the moderators' perspective - who are there to carry out the policies of the owner as well as (in arsenal's case) conducting their own vendettas - anything goes (acid rain excepted).

6. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (April 6th, 2018)

No Platformed
    Liked

They speak English in Scotland?
    Possibly even more than English is spoken in France - which is quite widely in my experience, certainly in Paris. The thing that I find most amusing about Brexit (and there's a lot to find amusing about Brexit) is that the lingua franca of the EU is now English, even when representatives of continental states are speaking to each other. I doubt that will change when the UK departs the EU.

Liked

l resigned as moderator before Scottish Guy left. Latin, frequent and Scottish Guy were all trolls and all have gone. Job done.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Latin, frequent and Scottish Guy were all trolls and all have gone. Job done.
    So reassuring to know that they're gone permanently and will never be back.

Liked

If only Davy, if only. But we know different don't we. Ssshhh.

Liked

Thanks for clarification, gerefan. I was under impression that Arsenal, a447 and Christian PFC were the mods. Maybe were is the word!

12. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 6th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    That's a bit rich from someone who posted an off-topic comment; viz,

If that is not "frivolous," what is?

Should the "real moderator" delete your comment in line with his "duties"?

Quel hypocrite!
    Sorry, I thought they spoke Scottish in Scotland. My mistake.