Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nursing Home or Home with Private Nurse/Helpers

Liked

Re: Nursing Home or Home with Private Nurse/Helpers

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Thanks Francois but when my time comes I shall move into the Sleaze An Up retirement village. I hear the meatloaf is excellent..
    :
    Another not-so-intelligent post by someone who considers himself a moderator!

Liked

Thank you Francois the Jean-Paul Sartre of Sawatdee Network.

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 5th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJonesLocker View Post
    I guess the cheapest way to get a head job in such places would be to lube up the vacuum cleaner. That thought sprang to mind as arsenal's avatar reminds me of nothing quite so much as a door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman.
    Ah, so you think arsenal's avatar looks like a door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman, DaveyJonesLocker? My image of a door-to-door salesman is an Arthur Daley type (as played by the British actor, George Cole) wearing a Trilby hat, a cheap ill-fitting suit and smoking a Castella Panatella cigar. Not someone wearing a Bowler hat.

th.jpg

For me, arsenal's avatar reminds me of a slimmed down version of Hector the tax inspector cartoon character, which was used to advertise self assessment by the Inland Revenue (as it was then called) in the UK. Incidentally, it was much disliked by its staff. But at least he wore a Bowler Hat, so there is a greater connection to the avatar used by arsenal.

Now, the possibilities for selecting an avatar for yourself look quite interesting, DaveyJonesLocker. From a casual perusal of the Internet, there would appear to be quite a wide selection. As a new member of the forum, I highly recommend the use of an avatar. You may however have noticed some of the old lags stubbornly refuse to think of one which adequately represents their forum name. Between you and me, they are known as the refuseniks. And you wouldn’t want to be one of them, would you?

Ah, but I seem to have wandered way off topic and to avoid further incurring the wrath of françois who seems not to have noticed that the OP's question has currently been answered to the best of our knowledge, I had better quickly return to the topic in hand.

Having given the matter of a retirement home some further thought, I think when the time comes for me to enter a retirement home; I'll make arrangements to move north of the UK border. I was surprised to find that the care of the elderly is free in Scotland and paid for by the general taxpayer. So a no-brainer really.

At least the staff and my fellow inmates will speak English, the television, which I'll be plonked down in front of all day, will be in English and the newspapers will be in English. And the only downside that I can think of, apart from the weather, is that instead of meatloaf on a Thursday night, I'll be served haggis, neeps and tatties.

Oh what joy! I can hardly wait.

Last edited by Moses; April 5th, 2018 at 21:49. Reason: inserting image

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 5th, 2018), christianpfc (April 7th, 2018), dinagam (April 5th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Thank you Francois the Jean-Paul Sartre of Sawatdee Network.
    I was thinking more of Jean-Luc Picard boldly going where no man usually goes

and rendering the morbidity of this thread redundant - dif-tor heh smusma

bkkguy

7. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

At least the staff and my fellow inmates will speak English, the television, which I'll be plonked down in front of all day, will be in English and the newspapers will be in English. And the only downside that I can think of, apart from the weather, is that instead of meatloaf on a Thursday night, I'll be served haggis, neeps and tatties.

They speak English in Scotland?

Liked

incurring the wrath of françois who seems not to have noticed that the OP's question has currently been answered to the best of our knowledge,...
    That's a point that always seems to be lost on francois.

There are only so many ways to answer a question before it quickly runs out of steam.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    They speak English in Scotland?
    God forgive me françois, but in my original draft post, I actually inserted “[sic]” after I said:

At least the staff and my fellow inmates will speak English
    Then I had second thoughts, believing it would be too offensive to our Scottish readers. So I am happy that it was you and not me who made the offensive comment.

Liked

Francois is French and the French are very particular. If you think he's irritated by jokes in a thread about nursing care just try serving him red wine with Sole Veronique and you'll see the mother of all Gallic fury.. Haha.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    That's a point that always seems to be lost on francois.

There are only so many ways to answer a question before it quickly runs out of steam.
    Meaning, that any answer, however frivolous, is better than no answer? But again, on this forum anything goes especially by our moderators (exception of Christian) who seem to have zero idea of the duties of a real moderator.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Another not-so-intelligent post by someone who considers himself a moderator!
    Francois. Arsenal is NOT a moderator. He resigned (?) the day after Scottish Guy was driven off this board. I say “resigned”as no reason was given.

Go to the Holding Room,a.k.a. Hiding Room,and read post number 34 on the Moderators thread to see his post.

For Scottys departure post go to The Feedback Forum (another hiding place) and read from post 11 onwards in the Useless Crap thread.

Who is our new Mod???