Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nursing Home or Home with Private Nurse/Helpers

Liked

Re: Nursing Home or Home with Private Nurse/Helpers

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    However, I would prefer one dedicated to the pink triangle.
    One with a sauna downstairs, perhaps?

Liked

As usual with this forum, ask a sensible question and receive foolish answers!

Smiles posted this: I think that would be an "is".
    I was in Chiang Mai in January and asked a friend who has lived there for 10 years whether dear Geezer was still of this world and living happily in that retirement home. Answer was an encouraging "yes".

Smiles your friend is wrong! Geezer returned to Pattaya to live with his ex-Thai bf and family about a month ago. He looks and sounds the same but did update his wardrobe a bit.
    And he is enjoying life here in Sin City.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    As usual with this forum, ask a sensible question and receive foolish answers!
    In what sense is Smiles' answer "foolish"? He asked in January and received a hearsay answer. A "month" ago (let's be generous and say "late February") the subject of Smiles' query and hearsay answer returned to Pattaya. Are you just being "Mary, Mary, quite contrary" francois?

4. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (April 4th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    One with a sauna downstairs, perhaps?
    Not sure I'd want my fellow guests going down.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Geezer returned to Pattaya to live with his ex-Thai bf and family about a month ago. He looks and sounds the same but did update his wardrobe a bit. And he is enjoying life here in Sin City.
    Good to hear that. Can't imagine anything more depressing than living in a retirement village amongst other elderly people. Of course it's quite another matter if daily medical care is needed.

7. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (April 4th, 2018)

Liked

Actually, I was going to mention in my reply at post #7 that Geezer, one of our long established members, had found a retirement home up in Chiang Mai and I started searching for the name of the retirement home on the forum, but after several minutes I gave up. Then I noticed that the OP had specifically asked for a long-term care facility for farang seniors in Bangkok. See below:

Quote Originally Posted by Dimsumbear View Post
    . . . I am interested to know are there any long-term care facility for farang seniors in Bangkok? . . .
    So I did not waste any further time and, as indicated in my post, I thought DaveyJonesLocker and bobsaigon2 had already provided reasonable replies to the original question.

And, as a point of interest, I happened to meet Geezer during my visit to Pattaya last month and was aware that he had moved from Chiang Mai to Pattaya, but I was not sure if I should reveal this information without his consent.

I must admit, it was a real pleasure meeting him. I had thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts over the years. In fact, I recalled speaking to him over the telephone, back in 2011, when he very helpfully gave me advice on the issue of the Garmin SAT/NAV device in response to a topic I had created seeking the advice of forum members.

9. User who gave Like to post:

DaveyJonesLocker (April 5th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJonesLocker View Post
    In what sense is Smiles' answer "foolish"? He asked in January and received a hearsay answer. A "month" ago (let's be generous and say "late February") the subject of Smiles' query and hearsay answer returned to Pattaya. Are you just being "Mary, Mary, quite contrary" francois?

My apologies to one and all if my post was misunderstood.

The first sentence was not directed at Smiles, but rather to those who continue to provide foolish answers to serious questions.

The remainder of the post was in response to Smiles post about Geezer.

My mistake for not clearly separating the two comments. Francois not Mary, Mary...5555

Liked

My apologies to one and all if my post was misunderstood.
    I didn't misunderstand it.

Come on, francois, I was merely trying to lighten up an otherwise depressing topic - one many do not want to think about.

I think you should lighten up a bit, too.

12. User who gave Like to post:

DaveyJonesLocker (April 5th, 2018)

Liked

a447, I understand, but telling people the following:

Yet if I ever got to the point of becoming a drooling vegetable I'd probably appreciate him taking things into his own hands and throwing me out the window!

I really doubt that you or anyone would want to be thrown out the window! Or for that matter, taking your own life. Easy to say, hard to do especially when old and frail. So if you want to do yourself in, now is the time! 5555

Nonetheless, the OP asked a serious question and fliplant replies don't help much when someone is thinking of their future.

Liked

I really doubt that you or anyone would want to be thrown out the window! Or for that matter, taking your own life.
    J'étais facétieux!

Nonetheless, the OP asked a serious question and fliplant replies don't help much when someone is thinking of their future.
    Point taken.

15. User who gave Like to post:

francois (April 5th, 2018)