Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nursing Home or Home with Private Nurse/Helpers

Liked

Nursing Home or Home with Private Nurse/Helpers

I know most of the readers here are active enough and well taken care by boys from boystown and beyond. Nevertheless I am interested to know are there any long-term care facility for farang seniors in Bangkok? Or usually they will rely on hiring private nurses and domestic maids while living in the comfort of their own home? Please enlighten me

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Nursing Home or Home with Private Nurse/Helpers

From time to time there have been plans announced for a gay seniors facility and I think it's a worthy idea. Presumably the cost-benefit doesn't stack up.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If you would consider Chiang Mai, there is at least one facility of the type you're looking for. Name escapes me. Do a bit of Google searching and you'll find it.
    And, this article also mentions Golden Years Hospital in Bangkok: http://www.thailand-retirement.net/r...-thailand.html.

Banned
    Liked

I've read about the Golden Years' Hospital, it sounds more like a nursing home than a retirement village. I did a Google search about "gay retirement" and chanced across someone's blog that spoke of the number of "retirement condo complexes" that had sprung up around the Immigration office in Pattaya. No mention of a physical "retirement community" as such though.

Liked

There was a residential home, not a nursing home, called Shady Pines, but I can’t for the life of me remember where I read about it or where it is located. Sorry.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    There was a residential home, not a nursing home, called Shady Pines, but I can’t for the life of me remember where I read about it or where it is located. Sorry.
    Surely you are not trying to suppress those happy memories of your time on the set of The Golden Girls?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJonesLocker View Post
    Surely you are not trying to suppress those happy memories of your time on the set of The Golden Girls?
    Well, you may be on to something there, DaveyJonesLocker. It does ring a bell, but I cannot be absolutely certain. I'll have to think about it and get back to you.

But given the appalling state of my memory, perhaps it is me, and not a447, who is in desperate need of the puzzle game, Sudoku, which, I believe, comes highly recommended by the Aunty of MiniMee.

Incidentally, I wonder if Aunty MiniMee knows she has been mentioned on such a prestigious forum as this. I do hope her permission was obtained. She does have a right to privacy after all.

Unfortunately, I cannot add anything further to what you and bobsaigon2 have already suggested to Dimsumbear. Personally, I have never really given any thought to a long-term care facility for fa-ràng seniors in Bangkok. If I knew I was approaching the stage where I thought I might need care, then I’d almost certainly stop coming out to Thailand.

Now, what was I saying about Shady Pines?

Liked

There is no way I would think about going into a nursing home in what is basically a third -world country.

When the time comes perhaps I'll grab one of my regulars, take him back to Australia and have him take care of me.

Then he gets everything when I kick the bucket.

Win, win situation!

9. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (April 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    When the time comes perhaps I'll grab one of my regulars, take him back to Australia and have him take care of me.

Then he gets everything when I kick the bucket.

Win, win situation!
    at least you can be sure there will be an abundance of buckets around - though I would be trying for low-floor accommodation

bkkguy

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 7th, 2018), searcher (April 4th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    at least you can be sure there will be an abundance of buckets around - though I would be trying for low-floor accommodation

bkkguy
    I was actually thinking about being cared for in my own home, not in a nursing home. And, putting a clause in the will stating that I had to die in bed. Of course, the bed would be firmly bolted to the floor. That should put an end to any concerns about having to quickly learn how to fly.

Yet if I ever got to the point of becoming a drooling vegetable I'd probably appreciate him taking things into his own hands and throwing me out the window!

13. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (April 12th, 2018)