Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Escape bar, Prague

Liked

Re: Escape bar, Prague

I was right. You do not need membership card to gain entry to the Alexander Sauna. Below is a comment from one customer:

ALEXANDER SAUNA autumn/autunno 2017

“Due to an old tradition of gay hospitality 80ties this ambiance was favorite from married men and others who rescued anonimously did not need a card of admission.

To day after to different ownership we have a terrible decrease of hygiene, safety and people in the club. It is almost hard top approach other men for the arrogance of hustlers, who run after you, willing small money (10 Euros) just to leave you alone without annoying. I think this is bad and irresponsible in charge to someone who run a public/gay/sauna“

Liked

Here is another comment from another customer. So full of hustlers, and no membership cards required.

[Old-fashioned , with hustlers

“I guess this is the oldest gay sauna in Milan still in activity. The place is not particularly clean (but even when it is, it smells mouldy). No whirlpool, small dry sauna and medium-sized steam room.
    Basically it's a hunting place for old & often closeted men (they don't ask for a membership card, so anybody can get in) and it attracts a small crowd of rentboys. Not particularly good-looking or in shape. Best to avoid it.“]
    Last edited by Blacktouch; April 6th, 2018 at 04:30. Reason: Add more

Banned
    Liked

I should have made it clearer (my original question specifically mentioned bars) that saunas are not an option for my friend. Louche bars are more his style.

However I did receive a good news email from him overnight. He arrived in Milan a couple of days ago and almost immediately was introduced to an impecunious young member of the corps de ballet at La Scala. As a ballet queen he's in absolute heaven - mentioned something about a fantasy of licking the sweat off his balls as he came off-stage after a vigorous performance. Between ourselves (and the 607 active members of this Forum) I believe he's hoping for one of the young Principals but they earn rather too much money, and his particular favourite is already attached (not that that's ever stopped anyone).

Happy endings all round.
    Last edited by DaveyJonesLocker; April 6th, 2018 at 05:57.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJonesLocker View Post
    Between ourselves (and the 607 active members of this Forum) I believe he's hoping for one of the young Principals but they earn rather too much money, and his particular favourite is already attached (not that that's ever stopped anyone).
    No names no pack-drill?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    No names no pack-drill?
    A gentleman never tells. But then neither I nor many of the 607 active members of this Forum are gentlemen, so I've sent you a PM.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thank you Blacktouch an Anndos card - that’s the best me I was referring to. I’ve been asked for that card on several occasions when entering gay places in Italy ( not all but some and certainly the more hard core places rather than just ordinary bars). I think the general point was if there was “sex” on the menu ie live Sex show in one of the bars behind the train station or the sex club places they ALL asked for it and absolutely denied entry without it.

To me it’s a very questionable requirement anyway as it seems yet just another way of a Government keeping tabs on / oppressing not out members of the gay community and ultimately also having a ready made list of hard core Gay place users which might be handy to them for all SORTS of reasons not excluding job offers and promotions within their civil service etc. Obviously I’m not sure but I don’t believe such a card is needed to access straight sex venues - but I might be wrong there and am happy to be corrected there.

Ps sorry to the Op as I did realise you’d said your friend is more interested in bars and ballet guys ball sweat :-) but I thought this info might be of use to others reading this thread in the future perhaps as the lack of having said card ( which requires 24 hours advance purchase and s passport ID to buy stopped several good fun opportunities I had in their tracks when I was in Italy this year - but thankfully not all.

Perhaps asvide your friend to take care in the fee gay bars / money boy barsbwhjnd rge train station as they are as rough and dangerous as fuck imho.

Banned
    Liked

Bloody Search engines! Duck Duck Go kept offering me pages of results about registering my Nando's Card. I see it's issued by the National Association against Sexual Orientation Discrimination (never heard of it) and is required for entry to all SOP (Sex On Premises) venues in Italy - presumably so they can discriminate against straight men who don't have one.

I've let my apartment out on AirBNB to a middle-aged Thai bloke who spends most of his time away, and am already in Europe. Somehow I don't think I'll be needing either a Nandos Card or an Anddos Card while I'm there. It's my annual "Get the Hell Out Before the Hell of Songkran" trip.

Liked

You're welcome Nirish guy.

But I think, one can get the Anndos card straight away on arrival at some of the venues? Correct me if I'm wrong. I did read one of the sauna's actually sell you this as you enter, and then allowed you to use the facilities at the same time?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    But I think, one can get the Anndos card straight away on arrival at some of the venues?
    You know you could well be right, I honestly can't recall, It could well of been that you had to pay for the card at somehting like 20 euros and THEN admission at another 10 or 15 euros and the miser in me might well of said stuff that for a 10 minute nosey in the door.

Edit - You're right Blacktouch - I just googled it ( after also getting the Nando's card offered to me by google - i wonder dod Nando's know why they have such a big gay following in Italy ! So, as below is as taken from Travel gay Europe site ( https://www.travelgayeurope.com/ital...se-club-index/ ) - that site also lists a wide variety of venues in several cities. I think the prices of the pass may have gone up slighty perhaps by 2 Euro or so but it should be fairly close to pass price I think. So it states the following re the pass :

"To enter a gay sauna or cruise club in Italy you will need an ANDDOS or ArciGay UNO Club Card.

• Purchase a card on arrival from any participating venue for 8 euros (valid only at the venue you have joined) or 15 euros (valid at all ANDDOS venues). Both cards a valid for one year.
    • You will need government issued photo ID (Passport etc) that shows your date of birth to purchase a card."

So, it seems I WAS to miserly to buy a pass when going in to check out the few locations I entered that asked for the pass - I guess I'll never know WHAT I missed now ! I should add that on that trip I'd my BF in tow, if I had of been alone I'm guessing the 15 Euro would have been handed over toot sweet !

Liked

So, it seems I WAS to miserly to buy a pass when going in to check out the few locations I entered that asked for the pass - I guess I'll never know WHAT I missed now ! I should add that on that trip I'd my BF in tow, if I had of been alone I'm guessing the 15 Euro would have been handed over toot sweet ! [/QUOTE]

No worries. We all live and learn.

I hope to do a weekend visit to Milan soon, and will be checking out some of those venues, and of course, report back on here my findings. Wink wink!

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 10th, 2018), Nirish guy (April 11th, 2018)