Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public behaviour

Banned
    Liked

Public behaviour

I was in a coffee shop in Manchester recently and a woman with a baby flopped her tits out and started feeding the damn thing. There was even a big sign saying "No outside food". Does this sort of thing happen in Thailand?

2. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (April 1st, 2018)

Liked

Re: Public behaviour

In the 14 or more years I've been coming out to Thailand, DaveyJonesLocker, many of which I've been lucky enough to stop over for 5-6 months at a time, I have never seen a woman breast feeding her child.

But, as I was having lunch with a Thai friend today, I thought I would ask him. He said Thai women are too shy to take their breasts out in public and, in any case, it runs counter to Thai culture.

I asked about fa-ràng women breast feeding in public. He has never seen it happen and if it did happen he thought Thais would not say anything and just ignore it, assuming it is something fa-ràng did in their own countries.

Other members may have a different experience and views, so I would not regard my reply as providing a definitive answer.

Oh! And welcome to the forum!

Liked

You mean you seen a boob? Ewwwww, gross!

heh, relax. The baby needs to get fed. I'm guessing you're one of those guys that complains they allow crying babies onto airplanes?

Liked

Unreal, matt! How anyone believes anything you post is beyond me.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 1st, 2018), bobsaigon2 (April 1st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJonesLocker View Post
    I was in a coffee shop in Manchester recently and a woman with a baby flopped her tits out and started feeding the damn thing. There was even a big sign saying "No outside food". Does this sort of thing happen in Thailand?
    Well if the food (milk) went from inside her flopped out titties across the greedy lips and inside the gullet of the suckling child is was not outside food.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    You mean you seen a boob? Ewwwww, gross!

heh, relax. The baby needs to get fed. I'm guessing you're one of those guys that complains they allow crying babies onto airplanes?
    I guess my characterisation of you must really have found its mark. My question was about public beastfeeding in Thailand, so it was about cultural sensitivity. As a bisexual I see boobs all the time, and of course at the gym there are plenty of boobs on ageing males to be seen. The mention of the sign should have indicated that there was an element of humour (sorry, all you Americans). Finally, I rarely encounter crying babies in Business Class so have no complaint to make

The only sensible answer was Jellybean's (and thanks for the welcome old boy)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=The mention of the sign should have indicated that there was an element of humour (sorry, all you Americans). Finally, I rarely encounter crying babies in Business Class so have no complaint to make The only sensible answer was Jellybean's (and thanks for the welcome old boy)[/QUOTE]

I can assure you that the mention of a sign was taken by US citizens, if not by a particular Canadian, in the humourous vein intended. Matt's readiness to accept crying babies on flights is perhaps due to his expansive love of humankind (!). Or perhaps his post reflects a lingering form of jet lag. No one that I know welcomes crying infants as his travelling companions. But then Matt has always been "unique".

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    I can assure you that the mention of a sign was taken by US citizens, if not by a particular Canadian, in the humourous vein intended.
    I should have made it clear that I was referring to kittyboy's response rather than Matt's. I recall an interview with Jennifer Saunders some years ago about traveling to America with Joanna Lumley to accept a prize from, I think, an AIDS organisation for Absolutely Fabulous. They had intended their acceptance speech to be some light-hearted banter in the Absolutely Fabulous style but realised on hearing to their horror the drearily earnest acceptance speeches from other winners, that that wouldn't do at all. I think of American humour as visual (slapstick) rather than verbal.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJonesLocker View Post
    . . . The only sensible answer was Jellybean's (and thanks for the welcome old boy)
    Hmmm . . . sometimes I think I am too sensible for my own good.

And, although I did not say it in my previous post, I did find your reference to the No outside food sign funny.

So here, have a belated ‘like’. They’re free you know, as joe552 good humouredly reminded us.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes indeed welcome DaveyJonesLocker....you certainly are up to date with this boards “characters” in the short week you have been with us...cough cough....

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 2nd, 2018), francois (April 1st, 2018)